PDA

View Full Version : Nippy

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 06:02 PM
For the first time this autumn, I felt a nip in the air whilst out cycling.
Decidely chilly... Glad I was wearing a base layer and the cheapo gloves from
Aldi proved to be excellent at keeping the fingers warm.

Cheers, helen s

p.s. The multi-coloured outfit Vernon was wearing would have made a certain
uni-cyclist/bent rider weep with envy ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Danny Colyer
October 5th 03, 08:13 PM
> For the first time this autumn, I felt a nip in the air whilst out
> cycling.

I've been wearing leg warmers and a windproof gilet (possibly the best
buy of the summer) for the morning commute since the end of August
(usually it'd be mid-September). I've been wearing the leg warmers for
the evening commute as well for the last couple of weeks, though it was
a nice surprise not to need them on Friday evening.

> p.s. The multi-coloured outfit Vernon was wearing would have made a
> certain uni-cyclist/bent rider weep with envy ;-)

Jpegs please. I bet his shorts weren't as comfortable as bibs ;-)

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Danny Colyer
October 5th 03, 08:13 PM
> For the first time this autumn, I felt a nip in the air whilst out
> cycling.

I've been wearing leg warmers and a windproof gilet (possibly the best
buy of the summer) for the morning commute since the end of August
(usually it'd be mid-September). I've been wearing the leg warmers for
the evening commute as well for the last couple of weeks, though it was
a nice surprise not to need them on Friday evening.

> p.s. The multi-coloured outfit Vernon was wearing would have made a
> certain uni-cyclist/bent rider weep with envy ;-)

Jpegs please. I bet his shorts weren't as comfortable as bibs ;-)

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 08:31 PM
>Jpegs please. I bet his shorts weren't as comfortable as bibs ;-)

He wasn't wearing shorts or b*bs ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 08:31 PM
>Jpegs please. I bet his shorts weren't as comfortable as bibs ;-)

He wasn't wearing shorts or b*bs ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 08:51 PM
>I've seen the picture (if its the one posted here a few days back). I've
>forwarded the URL to some work mates with the title "Stop me before it
>gets this far"!

No - it's not that one. This outfit was worn for the first time today. I do,
however, have a pic, but the outfit is partially hidden, so justice is not
done... or perhaps it is ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 08:51 PM
>I've seen the picture (if its the one posted here a few days back). I've
>forwarded the URL to some work mates with the title "Stop me before it
>gets this far"!

No - it's not that one. This outfit was worn for the first time today. I do,
however, have a pic, but the outfit is partially hidden, so justice is not
done... or perhaps it is ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

John Hearns
October 5th 03, 09:33 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:02:57 +0000, wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Decidely chilly... Glad I was wearing a base layer and the cheapo gloves from
> Aldi proved to be excellent at keeping the fingers warm.

I wore the Aldi gloves this morning.
Very warm - I ended up taking them off. Hope they perform as well whan it
is raining or sleeting!

The rest of the stuff in Aldis this time round was too neon even for me
:-)

SO todays dress was a base layer, an Tchibo long sleeve top.
Parrot windshell over that early in the morning to keep off that chill.

John Hearns
October 5th 03, 09:33 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:02:57 +0000, wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Decidely chilly... Glad I was wearing a base layer and the cheapo gloves from
> Aldi proved to be excellent at keeping the fingers warm.

I wore the Aldi gloves this morning.
Very warm - I ended up taking them off. Hope they perform as well whan it
is raining or sleeting!

The rest of the stuff in Aldis this time round was too neon even for me
:-)

SO todays dress was a base layer, an Tchibo long sleeve top.
Parrot windshell over that early in the morning to keep off that chill.

Danny Colyer
October 5th 03, 10:15 PM
> He wasn't wearing shorts or b*bs ;-)

In that case I think you can forget the jpegs :-/

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Danny Colyer
October 5th 03, 10:15 PM
> He wasn't wearing shorts or b*bs ;-)

In that case I think you can forget the jpegs :-/

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 10:26 PM
>In that case I think you can forget the jpegs :-/

:-D

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 5th 03, 10:26 PM
>In that case I think you can forget the jpegs :-/

:-D

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Alex Graham
October 5th 03, 11:36 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> For the first time this autumn, I felt a nip in the air whilst out cycling.
> Decidely chilly... Glad I was wearing a base layer and the cheapo gloves from
> Aldi proved to be excellent at keeping the fingers warm.

Yes! I was looking forward to the first clubrun of the winter, expecting
'cool' weather - about 10-12 degrees. When I woke up and looked at the
(outside) thermometer it read 5 degrees C. Ah. :)

Definately crisp outside this morning, although it did warm up a fair
bit what with that glorious sunshine!

--

-Alex

----------------------------------

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php
http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
----------------------------------

Alex Graham
October 5th 03, 11:36 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> For the first time this autumn, I felt a nip in the air whilst out cycling.
> Decidely chilly... Glad I was wearing a base layer and the cheapo gloves from
> Aldi proved to be excellent at keeping the fingers warm.

Yes! I was looking forward to the first clubrun of the winter, expecting
'cool' weather - about 10-12 degrees. When I woke up and looked at the
(outside) thermometer it read 5 degrees C. Ah. :)

Definately crisp outside this morning, although it did warm up a fair
bit what with that glorious sunshine!

--

-Alex

----------------------------------

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php
http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
----------------------------------

James Shugg
October 6th 03, 10:24 AM
Alex Graham > :
[snip lots of weather talk]
> Definately crisp outside this morning, although it did warm up a fair
> bit what with that glorious sunshine!

God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why
trainspotting is so popular here in the UK? :-)

Anyway, for what it's worth, I started wearing gloves about two weeks
ago for my 7am commute across central London.

cheers, James

James Shugg
October 6th 03, 10:24 AM
Alex Graham > :
[snip lots of weather talk]
> Definately crisp outside this morning, although it did warm up a fair
> bit what with that glorious sunshine!

God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why
trainspotting is so popular here in the UK? :-)

Anyway, for what it's worth, I started wearing gloves about two weeks
ago for my 7am commute across central London.

cheers, James

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 6th 03, 10:47 AM
>Anyway, for what it's worth, I started wearing gloves about two weeks
>ago for my 7am commute across central London.

wimp ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
October 6th 03, 10:47 AM
>Anyway, for what it's worth, I started wearing gloves about two weeks
>ago for my 7am commute across central London.

wimp ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

pig pog
October 6th 03, 11:33 AM
James Shugg wrote:
> Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
> chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
> Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
> much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why trainspotting
> is so popular here in the UK? :-)

I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
own topics of conversation rather than engaging in meta
chat-about-the-weather :-)

mustn't grumble james

--
best wishes
james

best wishes
james

best wishes
james

http://www.cyclingforums.com

pig pog
October 6th 03, 11:33 AM
James Shugg wrote:
> Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
> chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
> Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
> much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why trainspotting
> is so popular here in the UK? :-)

I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
own topics of conversation rather than engaging in meta
chat-about-the-weather :-)

mustn't grumble james

--
best wishes
james

best wishes
james

best wishes
james

http://www.cyclingforums.com

James Shugg
October 6th 03, 03:27 PM
pig pog > wrote in message >...
> James Shugg wrote:
> > Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> > God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
> > chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
> > Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
> > much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why trainspotting
> > is so popular here in the UK? :-)
>

> I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
> own topics of conversation rather than engaging in meta
> chat-about-the-weather :-)
>
> mustn't grumble james

Well, when in rome...

I also post in uk.railway and regularly queue for no apparent reason.
And I love living in London!

James Shugg
October 6th 03, 03:27 PM
pig pog > wrote in message >...
> James Shugg wrote:
> > Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> > God you Poms crack me up, nearly 10 posts already in this thread just
> > chatting about the weather. You know, I think it was either Jeremy
> > Paxman or Bill Bryson who said the English talk about the weather so
> > much because there was nothing else to do. Or was that why trainspotting
> > is so popular here in the UK? :-)
>

> I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
> own topics of conversation rather than engaging in meta
> chat-about-the-weather :-)
>
> mustn't grumble james

Well, when in rome...

I also post in uk.railway and regularly queue for no apparent reason.
And I love living in London!

pig pog
October 6th 03, 04:34 PM
James Shugg wrote:
> pig pog > wrote in message
> > James Shugg wrote:
> > > Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> > > God you Poms crack me up,
> > I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
> > own topics of conversation
> Well, when in rome... I also post in uk.railway and regularly queue for
> no apparent reason. And I love living in London!

you are in fact british and ICMFP

the jellied eels are on me! james

--
best wishes
james

pig pog
October 6th 03, 04:34 PM
James Shugg wrote:
> pig pog > wrote in message
> > James Shugg wrote:
> > > Alex Graham > : [snip lots of weather talk]
> > > God you Poms crack me up,
> > I dunno, you would think you colonials would go ahead and develop your
> > own topics of conversation
> Well, when in rome... I also post in uk.railway and regularly queue for
> no apparent reason. And I love living in London!

you are in fact british and ICMFP

the jellied eels are on me! james

--
best wishes