PDA

View Full Version : 20km ride near Kurung-Gai Chase in Sydney ?

Andy Ball
September 20th 03, 09:17 AM
I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
in Sydney

cheers,
Andy

Nick Payne
September 20th 03, 12:58 PM
Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come
back.

"Andy Ball" > wrote in message
> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
> in Sydney

Arpit
September 20th 03, 01:16 PM
You mean that big dip?

wrote:

>Down through Bobbin Head and up the other side, then turn around and come
>back.
>
>"Andy Ball" > wrote in message
>> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
>> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
>> in Sydney

Andrew Price
September 21st 03, 02:27 AM
"Andy Ball" > wrote in message
> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible

Old Pacific Highway north from Hornsby, Brooklyn, Peats Ridge, Mangrove Mtn,
Wiseman's ferry, Wyong

Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple creeks
ride)

McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head

Bayview, back of Pit****er, Nothern Beachs

all the pain anyone could possibly require

Andrew Price
September 21st 03, 02:27 AM
"Andy Ball" > wrote in message
> Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible

Old Pacific Highway north from Hornsby, Brooklyn, Peats Ridge, Mangrove Mtn,
Wiseman's ferry, Wyong

Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple creeks
ride)

McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head

Bayview, back of Pit****er, Nothern Beachs

all the pain anyone could possibly require

John Doe
September 21st 03, 02:40 AM
: > Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems
impossible
: >
:
: Glaston Gorge, Berowra Waters, Bobbin Head (the triple peaks, triple
creeks
: ride)
:
: McCarrs Creek, Akuna Bay, West Head
:
: Bayview, back of Pit****er, Nothern Beachs
:
: all the pain anyone could possibly require
:
:

They are excellent rides. If you are a bit of a glutton you can go Mangrove
mtn to Berowra then through Berowra waters up to dural and reverse. Also
the bobbin head run is ok for a shortie with a great fun winding hill.

Pete

John Doe
September 21st 03, 02:40 AM
[...]

joemax
September 21st 03, 12:43 PM
Andy Ball wrote:
> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist
> ? Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems
> impossible in Sydney
> cheers, Andy

The SMH article was about the West Head ride. If you ride from the entry
gate on West Head Road its approx 25km return but there's lots of
options to ride from further back.

joemax
September 21st 03, 12:43 PM
Andy Ball wrote:
> I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist
> ? Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems
> impossible in Sydney
> cheers, Andy

The SMH article was about the West Head ride. If you ride from the entry
gate on West Head Road its approx 25km return but there's lots of
options to ride from further back.

Arpit
September 23rd 03, 12:28 AM
I got a new bike, yay :) maybe when i get a bit better at riding in a
few weeks we can go riding together or something

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball"
> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
>Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
>in Sydney
>
>cheers,
>Andy

Arpit
September 23rd 03, 12:28 AM
I got a new bike, yay :) maybe when i get a bit better at riding in a
few weeks we can go riding together or something

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball"
> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
>Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
>in Sydney
>
>cheers,
>Andy

Suzy Jackson
September 23rd 03, 09:24 AM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball"
> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
>Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
>in Sydney

Surely you were thinking of "Cinque Montagnes". Fairly simple one: Start
in Turramurra, ride down Bobbin Head Road through Bobbin Head and up the
other side to the highway, then South to Hornsby, West down to Galston Gorge
and up the other side, then North to Berowra Waters. Catch a quick breather
while you wait for the ferry, then up the hill to Berowra, North at the
Highway past the pie shop, a quick u-turn at Brooklyn Road for the climb
back to the pie shop. Then South along the highway, and back down through
Bobbin Head to the start.

Around 100km, with five good climbs, and almost all on quiet rural roads.
The true masochist can retrace their path from Brooklyn Road, back through
Berowra Waters and Galston Gorge, for a total of around 130km and seven good
climbs. Me, I'm working up to the five climb variety.

Regards,

Suzy

Suzy Jackson
September 23rd 03, 09:24 AM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:12 GMT, "Andy Ball"
> wrote:

>I read somewhere (SMH on Saturday I think) of the above ? Does it exist ?
>Looking to get some longish uninterupted mileage in which seems impossible
>in Sydney

Surely you were thinking of "Cinque Montagnes". Fairly simple one: Start
in Turramurra, ride down Bobbin Head Road through Bobbin Head and up the
other side to the highway, then South to Hornsby, West down to Galston Gorge
and up the other side, then North to Berowra Waters. Catch a quick breather
while you wait for the ferry, then up the hill to Berowra, North at the
Highway past the pie shop, a quick u-turn at Brooklyn Road for the climb
back to the pie shop. Then South along the highway, and back down through
Bobbin Head to the start.

Around 100km, with five good climbs, and almost all on quiet rural roads.
The true masochist can retrace their path from Brooklyn Road, back through
Berowra Waters and Galston Gorge, for a total of around 130km and seven good
climbs. Me, I'm working up to the five climb variety.

Regards,

Suzy

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home