PDA

View Full Version : National qualifications for cycle couriers

DJ
September 20th 03, 09:23 AM
Just as a matter of interest while scanning for training info in Transport &
Distribution.This qualification is for cycle couriers.
have a gander at:

http://www.ntis.gov.au/cgi-bin/waxhtml/~ntis2/unit.wxh?page=80&inputRef=19017&sCalledFrom=pkg

for anyone who may be interested in this line of work,I thought I'd pass
this info on.

regards

DJ

Terry Collins
September 20th 03, 12:58 PM
...snip...

> Just as a matter of interest while scanning for training info in Transport &
> Distribution.This qualification is for cycle couriers.
> have a gander at:
>
> http://www.ntis.gov.au/cgi-bin/waxhtml/~ntis2/unit.wxh?page=80&inputRef=19017&sCalledFrom=pkg

ROTFLMAO

Typical public service bull****.

Training providers in NSW = none, so has great potential there.
I am actually wondering if there is anyone alive that actually used a
"delivery bicycle" when these were "normal".

What about a user of a purpose-built delivery bicycle these days.

"Inspect bicycle for operational capabilities" is a real **** take.

Terry Collins
September 20th 03, 12:58 PM
...snip...

> Just as a matter of interest while scanning for training info in Transport &
> Distribution.This qualification is for cycle couriers.
> have a gander at:
>
> http://www.ntis.gov.au/cgi-bin/waxhtml/~ntis2/unit.wxh?page=80&inputRef=19017&sCalledFrom=pkg

ROTFLMAO

Typical public service bull****.

Training providers in NSW = none, so has great potential there.
I am actually wondering if there is anyone alive that actually used a
"delivery bicycle" when these were "normal".

What about a user of a purpose-built delivery bicycle these days.

"Inspect bicycle for operational capabilities" is a real **** take.

Theo Bekkers
September 20th 03, 11:23 PM
"Terry Collins" wrote

> I am actually wondering if there is anyone alive that actually used
> "delivery bicycle" when these were "normal".

Yup. Bloody heavy thing with a tiny front wheel with a heavy gauge
steel basket frame in front.

AusPost were using lots of them back in the dark days when we only got
11 postal deliveries a week.

Not that long ago sonny. :-)

Theo

Theo Bekkers
September 20th 03, 11:23 PM
"Terry Collins" wrote

> I am actually wondering if there is anyone alive that actually used
> "delivery bicycle" when these were "normal".

Yup. Bloody heavy thing with a tiny front wheel with a heavy gauge
steel basket frame in front.

AusPost were using lots of them back in the dark days when we only got
11 postal deliveries a week.

Not that long ago sonny. :-)

Theo

Google