PDA

View Full Version : Fitz's Challenge

djali
September 30th 03, 12:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone is considering doing Fitz's Challenge in
Canberra this year. Any tips for newbies-what are your best times? I
understand Fitz's Hill (2.6 km at 10.4%) is a bit of a killer-what about
the descent going home?

Nick Payne
September 30th 03, 10:16 PM
The course has changed this year because the Cotter Bridge is still out
after the bushfires. More details at
http://www.pedalpower.org.au/events/fitz/fitz2003/fitz.html. AFAIK Fitz's
Hill is still in it. According to my altimeter speedo Fitz's Hill is
actually 2.4km at an average gradient of 12.5% with a max gradient of 16%.
But that isn't the steepest part of the course. You can see a graph of
altitude and percent gradient that I took off the speedo after last years
event at http://www.tip.net.au/~njpayne/bikestuff/fitz/.

Nick

"djali" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone is considering doing Fitz's Challenge in
> Canberra this year. Any tips for newbies-what are your best times? I
> understand Fitz's Hill (2.6 km at 10.4%) is a bit of a killer-what about
> the descent going home?

Rob Woozle
September 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Fitz's Hill is still in.

There are 3 rides that day...

Fitz's challenge is 150km, Tharwa Challenge is 90km and Tanners Challenge is
45km.

Plenty of hills in any of those rides ;-)

More info is available at:
www.pedalpower.org.au/events

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Woozle
September 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Fitz's Hill is still in.

There are 3 rides that day...

Fitz's challenge is 150km, Tharwa Challenge is 90km and Tanners Challenge is
45km.

Plenty of hills in any of those rides ;-)

More info is available at:
www.pedalpower.org.au/events

Cheers,
Rob

thebow
October 1st 03, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Nick Payne The course has changed this year because
the Cotter Bridge is still out after the bushfires. More details at htt-
p://www.pedalpower.org.au/events/fitz/fitz2003/fitz.htmlhttp://www.peda-
lpower.org.au/events/fitz/fitz2003/fitz.html. AFAIK Fitz's Hill is still
in it. According to my altimeter speedo Fitz's Hill is actually 2.4km at
an average gradient of
12.5% with a max gradient of 16%. But that isn't the steepest part of
the course. You can see a graph of altitude and percent gradient
that I took off the speedo after last years event at http://www.tip-
.net.au/~njpayne/bikestuff/fitz/http://www.tip.net.au/~njpayne/bike-
stuff/fitz/.

Hey that looks like a cool bike computer to generate that sort of
info..what are you using?

[...]

October 2nd 03, 11:57 AM
Ciclosport HAC4 Plus.

"thebow" > wrote in message

> Hey that looks like a cool bike computer to generate that sort of
> info..what are you using?

Nick Payne
October 2nd 03, 11:57 AM
Ciclosport HAC4 Plus.

"thebow" > wrote in message

> Hey that looks like a cool bike computer to generate that sort of
> info..what are you using?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home