PDA

View Full Version : For the people who wanted '03 TdF DVDs...

hippy
October 3rd 03, 03:20 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf

Suzy Jackson
October 3rd 03, 05:44 AM
"hippy" > wrote in message
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf

Has anybody seen one of these in the flesh? I ordered a copy back in July,
and note that the Dymocks site (where you end up ordering through SBS) lists
it as "now available", yet has "backordered - 4-6 weeks" against my order.

Grrrr!

Regards,

Suzy

Suzy Jackson
October 3rd 03, 05:44 AM
"hippy" > wrote in message
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf

Has anybody seen one of these in the flesh? I ordered a copy back in July,
and note that the Dymocks site (where you end up ordering through SBS) lists
it as "now available", yet has "backordered - 4-6 weeks" against my order.

Grrrr!

Regards,

Suzy

Spider1977
October 3rd 03, 12:25 PM
I ordered mine back in July as well. Still no show.

Double and triple Grrrrrr!

Spider1977
October 3rd 03, 12:25 PM
I ordered mine back in July as well. Still no show.

Double and triple Grrrrrr!

RossB
October 3rd 03, 12:55 PM
I just received my DVDs from Amazon today. I ordered them a week ago.
I've already watched the first disc. Great stuff.

Ross

RossB
October 3rd 03, 12:55 PM
I just received my DVDs from Amazon today. I ordered them a week ago.
I've already watched the first disc. Great stuff.

Ross

Suzy Jackson
October 4th 03, 03:55 AM
"Suzy Jackson" > wrote in message
> "hippy" > wrote in message
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf
>
> Has anybody seen one of these in the flesh? I ordered a copy back in
July,
> and note that the Dymocks site (where you end up ordering through SBS)
lists
> it as "now available", yet has "backordered - 4-6 weeks" against my order.

Had a look around the shops (Chatswood) today, and noted that the ABC shop
has it on tape, and HMV has it on the shelf in DVD format. I bought the DVD
and have just watched the first half. It's a very impressive coverage.

I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the pre-orders)
though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting them on
the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks for
something I could buy at the local shops.

Regards,

Suzy

Suzy Jackson
October 4th 03, 03:55 AM
"Suzy Jackson" > wrote in message
> "hippy" > wrote in message
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf
>
> Has anybody seen one of these in the flesh? I ordered a copy back in
July,
> and note that the Dymocks site (where you end up ordering through SBS)
lists
> it as "now available", yet has "backordered - 4-6 weeks" against my order.

Had a look around the shops (Chatswood) today, and noted that the ABC shop
has it on tape, and HMV has it on the shelf in DVD format. I bought the DVD
and have just watched the first half. It's a very impressive coverage.

I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the pre-orders)
though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting them on
the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks for
something I could buy at the local shops.

Regards,

Suzy

Suzy Jackson
October 4th 03, 03:55 AM
"Suzy Jackson" > wrote in message
> "hippy" > wrote in message
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=2003/reviews/sbs_tdf
>
> Has anybody seen one of these in the flesh? I ordered a copy back in
July,
> and note that the Dymocks site (where you end up ordering through SBS)
lists
> it as "now available", yet has "backordered - 4-6 weeks" against my order.

Had a look around the shops (Chatswood) today, and noted that the ABC shop
has it on tape, and HMV has it on the shelf in DVD format. I bought the DVD
and have just watched the first half. It's a very impressive coverage.

I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the pre-orders)
though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting them on
the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks for
something I could buy at the local shops.

Regards,

Suzy

hippy
October 6th 03, 11:19 PM
"Suzy Jackson" > wrote in message
> I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the
pre-orders)
> though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting
them on
> the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks
for
> something I could buy at the local shops.

That's rubbish from Dymocks. Pre-orders should always be dealt
with first. Get a refund and buy elsewhere (unless Dymocks has
a much cheaper price of course ;-)).

hippy

hippy
October 6th 03, 11:19 PM
"Suzy Jackson" > wrote in message
> I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the
pre-orders)
> though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting
them on
> the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks
for
> something I could buy at the local shops.

That's rubbish from Dymocks. Pre-orders should always be dealt
with first. Get a refund and buy elsewhere (unless Dymocks has
a much cheaper price of course ;-)).

hippy

aeon16
October 7th 03, 02:55 AM
I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
Excellent!

aeon16
October 7th 03, 02:55 AM
I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
Excellent!

Spider1977
October 7th 03, 11:56 AM
Suzy Jackson wrote:
> I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the pre-orders)
> though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting them
> on the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks
> for something I could buy at the local shops.
> Regards,
> Suzy

Even though I had one on order I relented and bought a copy )(DVD) at
Dymocks. Knowing my luck, the one on order will arrive in the post
tomorrow. If so it'll be in the for sale thread!:mad:

Spider1977
October 7th 03, 11:56 AM
Suzy Jackson wrote:
> I must say, I'm a bit p***ed off with Dymocks (who took the pre-orders)
> though. I'd have thought they'd fill the pre-orders before putting them
> on the shelves. No bloody way was I going to wait a further 4-6 weeks
> for something I could buy at the local shops.
> Regards,
> Suzy

Even though I had one on order I relented and bought a copy )(DVD) at
Dymocks. Knowing my luck, the one on order will arrive in the post
tomorrow. If so it'll be in the for sale thread!:mad:

Andrew Swan
October 7th 03, 01:40 PM
aeon16 wrote:
> I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
> Excellent!

Does it have anything that wasn't on the nightly coverage (which I
watched assiduously!)?

&roo

Andrew Swan
October 7th 03, 01:40 PM
aeon16 wrote:
> I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
> Excellent!

Does it have anything that wasn't on the nightly coverage (which I
watched assiduously!)?

&roo

aeon16
October 8th 03, 01:25 AM
Andrew Swan wrote:
> aeon16 wrote:
> > I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
> > Excellent!
> Does it have anything that wasn't on the nightly coverage (which I
> watched assiduously!)?
> &roo

From what I can see, no. I watched pretty much the whole lot, and can't
see any real difference.

Possibly not as much of the last stage? I thought there was a lot more
on the tv.

Regardless! It's wonderful, and has been constantly playing as my
'background' choice. :-)

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

aeon16
October 8th 03, 01:25 AM
Andrew Swan wrote:
> aeon16 wrote:
> > I picked mine up a couple of days ago from the ABC shop on DVD.
> > Excellent!
> Does it have anything that wasn't on the nightly coverage (which I
> watched assiduously!)?
> &roo

From what I can see, no. I watched pretty much the whole lot, and can't
see any real difference.

Possibly not as much of the last stage? I thought there was a lot more
on the tv.

Regardless! It's wonderful, and has been constantly playing as my
'background' choice. :-)

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Spider1977
October 8th 03, 11:47 AM
Spider1977 wrote:
> Even though I had one on order I relented and bought a copy )(DVD) at
> Dymocks. Knowing my luck, the one on order will arrive in the post
> tomorrow. If so it'll be in the for sale thread!:mad:

Guess who got a message from Dymock's today saying the order had
been shipped?

Anybody want to buy a TdeF DVD?:confused:

Spider1977
October 8th 03, 11:47 AM
Spider1977 wrote:
> Even though I had one on order I relented and bought a copy )(DVD) at
> Dymocks. Knowing my luck, the one on order will arrive in the post
> tomorrow. If so it'll be in the for sale thread!:mad:

Guess who got a message from Dymock's today saying the order had
been shipped?

Anybody want to buy a TdeF DVD?:confused:

M2cycler
October 8th 03, 11:47 AM
Spider1977 wrote:
> Guess who got a message from Dymock's today saying the order had
> been shipped?
> Anybody want to buy a TdeF DVD?:confused:

yeah i do, how much is it going for. i live in sydney

M2cycler
October 8th 03, 11:47 AM
Spider1977 wrote:
> Guess who got a message from Dymock's today saying the order had
> been shipped?
> Anybody want to buy a TdeF DVD?:confused:

yeah i do, how much is it going for. i live in sydney

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home