PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Tim
June 4th 04, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I have up to £600 to spend on a new road bike and need some advice on what
to actually buy,

Initial choices are Trek 1000, Cannondale R500 or maybe Guess RB1.

I have not seen any reviews of these bikes so any advice would be
appreciated.

Cheers
Tim

Michael MacClancy
June 5th 04, 08:11 AM
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 22:39:05 +0100, Tim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have up to £600 to spend on a new road bike and need some advice on what
> to actually buy,
>
> Initial choices are Trek 1000, Cannondale R500 or maybe Guess RB1.
>
> I have not seen any reviews of these bikes so any advice would be
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Tim

Also consider a Giant OCR1.
--
Michael MacClancy
Random putdown - "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't

Peter B
June 5th 04, 09:08 AM
"Tim" > wrote in message

> I have up to £600 to spend on a new road bike and need some advice on what
> to actually buy,
>
> Initial choices are Trek 1000, Cannondale R500 or maybe Guess RB1.
>
> I have not seen any reviews of these bikes so any advice would be
> appreciated.

Not many for Cannondales but quite a few on the Trek. Bear in mind it's a US
site and the specs may vary from UK bikes.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/2004,Road,Bike/Trek,1000/PRD_290760_5668crx.aspx
http://www.roadbikereview.com/2004,Road,Bike/Cannondale,R600/PRD_290489_5668crx.aspx
--
Regards,
Pete

Zog The Undeniable
June 5th 04, 09:11 AM
Tim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have up to £600 to spend on a new road bike and need some advice on what
> to actually buy,
>
> Initial choices are Trek 1000, Cannondale R500 or maybe Guess RB1.
>
> I have not seen any reviews of these bikes so any advice would be
> appreciated.

At that price the Cannondale will have most of the money spent on the
frame. If you want to upgrade later it's a good bet, otherwise the
other bikes should have better components.

Simon Brooke
June 6th 04, 12:35 AM
in message <40c1815a.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
') wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have up to £600 to spend on a new road bike and need some advice on
>> what to actually buy,
>>
>> Initial choices are Trek 1000, Cannondale R500 or maybe Guess RB1.
>>
>> I have not seen any reviews of these bikes so any advice would be
>> appreciated.
>
> At that price the Cannondale will have most of the money spent on the
> frame. If you want to upgrade later it's a good bet, otherwise the
> other bikes should have better components.

It's always the way with Cannondales unless you spend shedloads of
money. But the frames are very good indeed.

;; better than your average performing pineapple

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home