PDA

View Full Version : New page on my website

Just zis Guy, you know?
June 7th 04, 11:13 PM
Helmets again, I'm afraid, but more of a personal perspective than
anything else, brought on by reflecting that I have been drawn into
spending time that I would rather spend on my bike, working against
legions of non-cyclists who want to force us all to wear plastic hats
because they think cycling is dangerous, not that they do it
themselves at all.

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/why-helmets

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Danny Colyer
June 8th 04, 10:02 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/why-helmets

Now if only we could persuade the BBC to include that, and
cyclehelmets.org, in their related links whenever they publish a helmet
story.

Nathaniel Porter
June 9th 04, 01:10 PM
"Danny Colyer" > wrote in message
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/why-helmets
>
> Now if only we could persuade the BBC to include that, and
> cyclehelmets.org, in their related links whenever they publish a helmet
> story.

I don't want to sound like I'm stating the obvious - but have you actually
asked them?

Also - perhaps you could learn lessons from how P**l Sm*th managed it from
previous articles on the site?

Of course, it might be that Guy and most of the anti-compulsion lobby are
thinking about things sensibly - something which simply isn't fashionable in
these days of extremist politics :-(

Danny Colyer
June 9th 04, 02:19 PM
Nathaniel Porter wrote:
> I don't want to sound like I'm stating the obvious - but have you actually
> asked them?

Nope, because at the time I simply couldn't be bothered to draft an
appropriately worded e-mail. And I still can't. But maybe later I
will. Probably when there is a specific new story that I think it's
worth sending the suggestion in response to. There's bound to be
something over Bike Week.

Mark South
June 9th 04, 06:11 PM
"Nathaniel Porter" > wrote in message

> Of course, it might be that Guy and most of the anti-compulsion lobby are
> thinking about things sensibly - something which simply isn't fashionable in
> these days of extremist politics :-(

They started pedalling gently down the quiet lane leading to reason, but
recently they appear to be bombing down their own motorway bypass around reason
towards the overpopulated county of extremism.
--
"I would recommend Iowa or North
Dakota for your dip into reality."

Google