PDA

View Full Version : Orbea bikes

Sasha
June 8th 04, 12:38 PM
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an Orbea Vento roadbike here in Oz (Carbon fork
and stays,105set, orbea wheels, ITM bars etc). Anyone here have experience
with this model, or Orbea bikes in general? I am interested in hearing
about quality, durability, ride comfort etc. The frame looks nice (nice
paintjob, no decals, all painted), but the welds look very heavy duty and
ugly in places. However, it will only cost a little more than a similar
equipped giant. Any opinions on these bikes?

Thanks,

Sasha-

remove (nospam) to get my real e-mail address

wardie2000
June 8th 04, 01:50 PM
Sasha wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking at purchasing an Orbea Vento roadbike here in Oz (Carbon
> fork and stays,105set, orbea wheels, ITM bars etc). Anyone here have
> experience with this model, or Orbea bikes in general? I am interested
> in hearing about quality, durability, ride comfort etc. The frame looks
> nice (nice paintjob, no decals, all painted), but the welds look very
> heavy duty and ugly in places. However, it will only cost a little more
> than a similar equipped giant. Any opinions on these bikes?
> Thanks,
> Sasha-
> remove (nospam) to get my real e-mail address

I have had no problems with orbea's. I am currently riding a 2003 orbe
and nothing has gone wrong yet

The only problem i have had with the 2004 orbea is that the own bran
wheels aren't to good. But it depends how much riding you will be doin
on them. The quality of the weld is as you say 'heavy duty' but i
definately lasts. But you don't see the weld when you're riding. Whic
fork does it come with? the ITM bars are farely standard, i had tw
layers of bar tape put on them, makes it much more comfortable

What is the spec of the giant

Chri

-

Zog The Undeniable
June 8th 04, 06:06 PM
Sasha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at purchasing an Orbea Vento roadbike here in Oz (Carbon fork
> and stays,105set, orbea wheels, ITM bars etc). Anyone here have experience
> with this model, or Orbea bikes in general? I am interested in hearing
> about quality, durability, ride comfort etc. The frame looks nice (nice
> paintjob, no decals, all painted), but the welds look very heavy duty and
> ugly in places. However, it will only cost a little more than a similar
> equipped giant. Any opinions on these bikes?

A guy rides one at the Thursday night "10" - it's set up for TTs with
integrated bars and tri-bars and a 105 groupset. He says it's the first
bike he's ever had that has felt just right.

Ewoud Dronkert
June 8th 04, 07:30 PM
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:38:55 +1000, "Sasha" wrote:
> I am looking at purchasing an Orbea Vento roadbike [...]
> it will only cost a little more than a similar
> equipped giant. Any opinions on these bikes?

Choose the one that fits.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home