The route is Wetherby to Filey and is 70 miles. Has anyone done the ride
before, are there any pitfalls?

Cheers

Vernon
hoping to complete a ride without a train journey :-)

elyob
June 8th 04, 11:46 PM
"vernon levy" > wrote in message
> The route is Wetherby to Filey and is 70 miles. Has anyone done the ride
> before, are there any pitfalls?

Yeah, I'm too fat to do it myself ... ;)

Richard Corfield
June 9th 04, 09:14 PM
On 2004-06-08, elyob > wrote:
> "vernon levy" > wrote in message
>> The route is Wetherby to Filey and is 70 miles. Has anyone done the ride
>> before, are there any pitfalls?
> Yeah, I'm too fat to do it myself ... ;)

Is there a web site anywhere? I've probably left it too late to get
organised this time - didn't realise it was so soon!

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
_/ _/ _/ _/

MSeries
June 9th 04, 09:19 PM
"Richard Corfield" > wrote in message
dale.dyndns.org...
> On 2004-06-08, elyob > wrote:
> > "vernon levy" > wrote in message
> >> The route is Wetherby to Filey and is 70 miles. Has anyone done the
ride
> >> before, are there any pitfalls?
> > Yeah, I'm too fat to do it myself ... ;)
>
> Is there a web site anywhere? I've probably left it too late to get
> organised this time - didn't realise it was so soon!

Yes there is a website, unfortunately they are fully booked with 1500
entries. There is nothing to stop you riding the same route on the same day
though, the roads are public ones after all. I am not doing it.

Arthur Clune
June 10th 04, 10:22 AM
MSeries > wrote:

: Yes there is a website, unfortunately they are fully booked with 1500
: entries. There is nothing to stop you riding the same route on the same day
: though, the roads are public ones after all.

Except politness.

The organisers will have arranged with the police for X riders. If X + another
X random riders turn up, police will not be happy.

I'd chalk it up for next year.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org