PDA

View Full Version : JOGLE Day 22

Richard Bates
June 9th 04, 10:18 AM
Hooray I'm home. Now I can ditch that extra chainset ;-)

Had a minor tumble yesterday between Burton-upon-Trent and Lichfield
when I rode too close to the high grass verge on my left and caught my
front pannier.

Damage:

1) Slightly out-of-true front wheel - the brakes rub but I don't think
the wheel is very bent at all. I'll find a LBS to check it over

2) Very bent left side of front rack. The rack rotated around the
forks and plunged the pannier into my spokes. Will replace with one
that has a hoop over the wheel for lateral stability.

3) Bruise to right elbow.

Many thanks to the uninvolved car driver who stopped to check I was
ok. Two fingers up to the the one that didn't bother.

I continued cycling to Lichfield and then got picked up by car. I have
cycled from Lichfield to home many many times before so I'm not going
to worry about omitting this section.

I'm planning to set off again on Friday morning.

(Having sat down at my proper PC I have seen how awful the formatting
on my posts has been - very long lines - Sorry, I'll try and sort it).

A few random pics are now at www.artybee.net/jogle including a very
confusing sign on a cyclepath running parallel to the A38 near
Burton-Upon-Trent

Many many thanks too for the offers of accomodation, and for cyclists
generally being a bunch of friendly people!

--
Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

Danny Colyer
June 9th 04, 11:26 AM
Richard Bates wrote:
> A few random pics are now at www.artybee.net/jogle including a very
> confusing sign on a cyclepath running parallel to the A38 near
> Burton-Upon-Trent

I love those pictures, especially the very confusing sign.

Thanks for the diary, I'm enjoying it.

Gawnsoft
June 9th 04, 12:36 PM
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:18:46 +0100, Richard Bates
> wrote (more or less):
>(Having sat down at my proper PC I have seen how awful the formatting
>on my posts has been - very long lines - Sorry, I'll try and sort it).

Personally, I prefer long lines that my newsreader can wrap at a
position /I/ deem useful than lines which are hard-wrapped.

Cheers,
Euan
Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr

Richard Bates
June 9th 04, 06:15 PM
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:26:38 +0100, Danny Colyer
> wrote:

>Thanks for the diary, I'm enjoying it.

Glad you are ... and it's free ... Josie Dew charges 15 quid for hers!

--
Young Musician of the Year 2004 was a fiddle

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home