PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Track bike

Zog The Undeniable
June 9th 04, 07:22 PM
Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
rims and tyres.

I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.

mikesbikes
June 9th 04, 07:31 PM
"Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
> the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
> rims and tyres.
>
> I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.
I want one as well-for the road. I saw it at the Bike show and for the
price it's probably the easiest way to get a fixed (to ride audax!) However
what I can't find is any LBS which actual stocks FUJI bikes. So if anyone
has seen one - preferably in the Midlands please let me know.
Mike

MSeries
June 9th 04, 07:54 PM
"mikesbikes" > wrote in message

> "Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
> > Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
> > triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
> > the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
> > rims and tyres.
> >
> > I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.
> I want one as well-for the road. I saw it at the Bike show and for the
> price it's probably the easiest way to get a fixed (to ride audax!)
However
> what I can't find is any LBS which actual stocks FUJI bikes. So if anyone
> has seen one - preferably in the Midlands please let me know.
> Mike

Cyclesense in Tadcaster list them. Local to me but not to you ;-)

Simon Brooke
June 9th 04, 10:35 PM
in message <40c756a1.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable
') wrote:

> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
> the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
> rims and tyres.

Been offered a cheap one in a dodgy pub down the bottom of Leith Walk,
have you?

The trouble with Simon is that he only opens his mouth to change feet.
;; of me, by a 'friend'

Call me Bob
June 9th 04, 10:55 PM
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:35:04 GMT, Simon Brooke >
wrote:

>> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
>> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
>> the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
>> rims and tyres.
>
>Been offered a cheap one in a dodgy pub down the bottom of Leith Walk,
>have you?

£299 seems to be the retail price.
--

"Bob"

'The people have spoken, the *******s'

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.

Simon Brooke
June 10th 04, 10:08 AM
in message >, Call me Bob
') wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:35:04 GMT, Simon Brooke >
> wrote:
>
>>> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
>>> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits.
>>> For the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some
>>> better rims and tyres.
>>
>>Been offered a cheap one in a dodgy pub down the bottom of Leith Walk,
>>have you?
>
> £299 seems to be the retail price.

Sorry, joke. See <URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3790689.stm>

;; Friends don't send friends HTML formatted emails.

David K
June 10th 04, 11:24 AM
mikesbikes wrote:
> "Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
>> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
>> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits.
>> For the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some
>> better rims and tyres.
>>
>> I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.
> I want one as well-for the road. I saw it at the Bike show and for
> the price it's probably the easiest way to get a fixed (to ride
> audax!) However what I can't find is any LBS which actual stocks
> FUJI bikes. So if anyone has seen one - preferably in the Midlands
> please let me know.
> Mike

I assume Belfast is no good then?

But just in case - Bikeit (028 9079 7974) stock Fuji.

I think I noticed the track bike last time I was in although one of the Fuji
lightweight racers caught more of my eye.

I have had no great dealings with them recently although when I was 'reborn'
to cycling a number of years ago I bought a road bike from them. They could
not have been more helpful.

HTH

David
--

Zog The Undeniable
June 11th 04, 08:15 PM
mikesbikes wrote:

> "Zog The Undeniable" > wrote in message
>
>>Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
>>triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
>>the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
>>rims and tyres.
>>
>>I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.
>
> I want one as well-for the road. I saw it at the Bike show and for the
> price it's probably the easiest way to get a fixed (to ride audax!) However
> what I can't find is any LBS which actual stocks FUJI bikes. So if anyone
> has seen one - preferably in the Midlands please let me know.
> Mike

Martyn Ashfiled Cycles near Newport have them - probably more convenient
for me in Swindon than for you, but it's just off the M4 so maybe?

JohnB
June 11th 04, 09:19 PM
Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> mikesbikes wrote:

> > I want one as well-for the road. I saw it at the Bike show and for the
> > price it's probably the easiest way to get a fixed (to ride audax!) However
> > what I can't find is any LBS which actual stocks FUJI bikes. So if anyone
> > has seen one - preferably in the Midlands please let me know.
> > Mike

> Martyn Ashfiled Cycles near Newport have them - probably more convenient
> for me in Swindon than for you, but it's just off the M4 so maybe?

Someone else is also looking for one:
http://www.bcf.uk.com/news/2004/06_june/10_theft.shtml

MEADOWBANK TRACK BIKES THEFT
Four track bikes were stolen from Meadowbank this week - two Duratecs
and a Fuji. They're unique bikes and shouldn't be hard to spot given
that they are completely useless outside a velodrome. One Duratec is
matte black with white letters, size 54 c-c, the other Duratec is a 58
powder blue with orange and yellow lettering. The Fuji is bright red and
white, size approximately 56. If you see the bikes get in touch with
John Hewat at the Bicycle Repair Man on 0131 467 1949.

John B

AndyMorris
June 12th 04, 01:30 AM
Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Anyone got one? While they're a bit heavy all-up, the frame is
> triple-butted chromoly so presumably the wheels are the culprits. For
> the bike price of £299 I don't mind rebuilding them with some better
> rims and tyres.
>
> I'd use it for time trialling and (gasp) on the track.

I bloke at work uses one as a hack, and seams pleased with it, it looks to
be all decent stuff. For track and time trial the weight isn't that
important.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK