PDA

View Full Version : frame builders in SE England

Alex Graham
June 11th 04, 10:11 PM
I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?

thanks,

-Alex

Just zis Guy, you know?
June 11th 04, 10:14 PM
On 11 Jun 2004 14:11:29 -0700, (Alex Graham)
wrote in message >:

>I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
>replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
>East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?

Argos in Bristol. Very good, reasonable prices.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

JohnB
June 11th 04, 11:12 PM
Alex Graham wrote:

> I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
> replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
> East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?

Chas Roberts, Croydon.

http://www.robertscycles.com/

Brilliant builder.

John B

Mark Tranchant
June 14th 04, 12:07 PM
JohnB wrote:

> Alex Graham wrote:
>
>>I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
>>replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
>>East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?
>

> Chas Roberts, Croydon.
>
> http://www.robertscycles.com/
>
> Brilliant builder.

Seconded, but don't expect quick service.

http://tranchant.plus.com/cycling/bike

--
Mark.

Mark Tranchant
June 14th 04, 12:07 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2004 14:11:29 -0700, (Alex Graham)
> wrote in message >:
>

>>I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
>>replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
>>East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?
>

> Argos in Bristol. Very good, reasonable prices.

So you want an atlas for Christmas, then?

;-)

--
Mark.

Just zis Guy, you know?
June 14th 04, 12:31 PM
Mark Tranchant wrote:

>>> I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
>>> replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
>>> East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?

>> Argos in Bristol. Very good, reasonable prices.

> So you want an atlas for Christmas, then?

For varying values of East, obv. Today I are been mainly living in
South-East Ingerland, and all the people I know who have had resprays have
used Argos.

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

JohnB
June 15th 04, 03:42 PM
Mark Tranchant wrote:

> JohnB wrote:
>
> > Alex Graham wrote:
> >
> >>I am thinking about getting a frame respray and having the dropouts
> >>replaced with track ends. Does anyone know of framebuilders in South
> >>East England, or maybe the Midlands that I could look into?
> >

> > Chas Roberts, Croydon.
> >
> > http://www.robertscycles.com/
> >
> > Brilliant builder.
>
> Seconded, but don't expect quick service.

They took under three weeks to build two bikes - an Audax for me and a
Compact for my wife.

I do think we were very lucky tho'.

John B

Google