PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Colin McKenzie
June 12th 04, 08:56 PM
My hat blew off this afternoon for the second time this week - both on
Hanger Lane Gyratory. This time I had to go round again to retrieve it.

Earlier I was on Hillingdon cycle track, trying to go as fast as I
could with the track to myself. It stayed on fine then.

Mr. Murphy, get out of my life.

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

burt
June 12th 04, 10:59 PM
"Colin McKenzie" > wrote in message
> My hat blew off this afternoon for the second time this week - both on
> Hanger Lane Gyratory. This time I had to go round again to retrieve it.
>
> Earlier I was on Hillingdon cycle track, trying to go as fast as I
> could with the track to myself. It stayed on fine then.
>
> Mr. Murphy, get out of my life.

What you really need is something called a "lid leash". I kid you not.

A friend brought one from USA after I had bemoaned that I had to ride about
12 miles to retrieve my hat after it had blown off on the Severn Bridge into
the army camp below. It's a length of cord, about 200mm with a small
bulldog clip at each end. One end clamps to your hat and the other to your
top. I have been much admired for the ease with which I can fling off my
hat whilst going up serious slopes without losing it, or having to slow down
and stuff it in a pocket.

At the top of the hill, you just reel it in and adjust your hat for comfort.
Simple, effective, and in my case at least, cheap.

> Colin McKenzie
>
> --
> The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
> it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

Just zis Guy, you know?
June 13th 04, 10:27 AM
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:59:44 +0100, "burt"
> wrote in message
>:

>What you really need is something called a "lid leash". I kid you not.

I've seen yachties using somethign like that. Clips on the hat and
the clothing, dunnit?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Colin McKenzie
June 13th 04, 01:40 PM
Gonzalez wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:56:29 +0100, Colin McKenzie
>>My hat blew off this afternoon for the second time this week - both on
>>Hanger Lane Gyratory. This time I had to go round again to retrieve it.
> Had you been wearing a helmet with the straps adjusted correctly, this
> would not have happened.

I'd have been all right in my usual headgear, which is nothing, but I
was out all day and needed the sun protection.

Like the idea of a leash, though.

Colin McKenzie
--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

Zog The Undeniable
June 13th 04, 03:39 PM
Colin McKenzie wrote:

> My hat blew off this afternoon for the second time this week - both on
> Hanger Lane Gyratory. This time I had to go round again to retrieve it.
>
> Earlier I was on Hillingdon cycle track, trying to go as fast as I could
> with the track to myself. It stayed on fine then.

Is your hat stretched with age? My "lucky" Lotto cap (because I never
had an accident when wearing it and cycling in central Birmingham) is
about 15 years old and is sadly no longer wearable in high winds.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home