PDA

View Full Version : High Wycombe CC's Hilly Time Trial in Pricess Risborough?

Me
June 13th 04, 07:05 PM
Hi guys, anyone ridden in High Wycombe's CC's tuesdays night timetrial out
at Whiteleaf/whitecross above Princess Risborough?

I've been told there is another one in two tuesday's time but can't find any
course directions. I'd like to do a reccy in advance to see how i can cope.

I know it starts at the car park on the top of Whitecross / Whiteleaf hill
and know its two laps of 7 miles each but thats about it.

If anyone can provide a link or email address to someone in the High Wycombe
club who could give me directions that would be cool. I've left a couple
messages through their website but no replys so far :(

just a basic first left, right at t junction, up hill second right type
thing would be great.

All the best,

Roger Hughes
June 14th 04, 01:45 AM
Me wrote:
> Hi guys, anyone ridden in High Wycombe's CC's tuesdays night timetrial out
> at Whiteleaf/whitecross above Princess Risborough?
>
> I've been told there is another one in two tuesday's time but can't find any
> course directions. I'd like to do a reccy in advance to see how i can cope.
>
> I know it starts at the car park on the top of Whitecross / Whiteleaf hill
> and know its two laps of 7 miles each but thats about it.
>
> If anyone can provide a link or email address to someone in the High Wycombe
> club who could give me directions that would be cool. I've left a couple
> messages through their website but no replys so far :(

Well, I have no idea if I'm right, but if I were trying to think of a
seven mile circuit starting at the top of the hill known variously as
Whiteleaf, Monks or Peter's lane, I would go south to the crossroads
with the Lacey Green-Hampden road, left through Great Hampden to the
crossroads with the road running up from Hughenden Valley, left down to
Rignall Road, left at the T-junction there (carefully!), fork left over
the back of Longdown and descend to the mini roundabout where left to
the foot of Peter's Lane where left again up the hill to complete the
circuit. I strongly suspect that that is 7 miles. And I'd want about 39
x 23 up the bigger climb if I were about as fit as I was 15 years ago.

Any other circuit (except maybe a longer and flatter one bypassing
Longdown and going over by Chequers instead) would seem to involve too
many right turns and the like to be reasonable for a club TT.

Cheers

Roger

Me
June 14th 04, 08:08 AM
thanks roger! thats just what I was looking for.

Can anyone add anything to his route? Any other ideas what the course might
be?

-cheers

"Roger Hughes"
> wrote in
message ...
> Me wrote:
> > Hi guys, anyone ridden in High Wycombe's CC's tuesdays night timetrial
out
> > at Whiteleaf/whitecross above Princess Risborough?
> >
> > I've been told there is another one in two tuesday's time but can't find
any
> > course directions. I'd like to do a reccy in advance to see how i can
cope.

> > I know it starts at the car park on the top of Whitecross / Whiteleaf
hill
> > and know its two laps of 7 miles each but thats about it.
> >
> > If anyone can provide a link or email address to someone in the High
Wycombe
> > club who could give me directions that would be cool. I've left a couple
> > messages through their website but no replys so far :(
>
> Well, I have no idea if I'm right, but if I were trying to think of a
> seven mile circuit starting at the top of the hill known variously as
> Whiteleaf, Monks or Peter's lane, I would go south to the crossroads
> with the Lacey Green-Hampden road, left through Great Hampden to the
> crossroads with the road running up from Hughenden Valley, left down to
> Rignall Road, left at the T-junction there (carefully!), fork left over
> the back of Longdown and descend to the mini roundabout where left to
> the foot of Peter's Lane where left again up the hill to complete the
> circuit. I strongly suspect that that is 7 miles. And I'd want about 39
> x 23 up the bigger climb if I were about as fit as I was 15 years ago.
>
> Any other circuit (except maybe a longer and flatter one bypassing
> Longdown and going over by Chequers instead) would seem to involve too
> many right turns and the like to be reasonable for a club TT.
>
> Cheers
>
> Roger

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home