PDA

View Full Version : T520 / A719 rims: nipples / alternatives?

Pete Biggs
June 14th 04, 12:56 AM
Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm required?

Any recommendations for other sub-£30 700c touring rims with sockets
between walls at spoke holes*?

* This resists spoke pull-through - see picture at:
url:http://www.mavic.com/servlet/srt/mavic/asph-prod_fiche?product.id=64&l
g=uk

thanks
~PB

tony R
June 14th 04, 10:46 PM
"Pete Biggs" > wrote in message
> Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm required?

Don't know. But I do have A719s on my tourer. Is there anything I can
usefully measure without too much (any!) dismantling that might help you
find out?

tony R.

Pete Biggs
June 15th 04, 12:10 AM
tony R wrote:
> "Pete Biggs" > wrote in message
>> Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm required?
>
> Don't know. But I do have A719s on my tourer. Is there anything I can
> usefully measure without too much (any!) dismantling that might help
> you find out?

Thanks Tony but don't worry. The more I think about it, the more it seems
likely that (normal) 12mm nipples would do. Longer nipps are more usually
required for v-section rims. I don't think any easily-taken measurements
would help.

cheers
~PB

Pete Biggs
June 15th 04, 12:52 AM
> The more I think about it, the more it
> seems likely that (normal) 12mm nipples would do.

Now confirmed by Peter Chisholm from r.b.t

~PB

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home