PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Lane from School

peter.kidwell
June 18th 04, 05:47 PM
I happened to be passing a school as the children were coming out. All the
parents cars were parked opposite in a long line blocking the cycle lane.
One pupil trying to cycle home had to pass the cars in the road.
I intend to report this presumably daily occurrence Monday.
PK

audrey
June 18th 04, 05:58 PM
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:47:48 +0100, "peter.kidwell"
> wrote:

>I happened to be passing a school as the children were coming out. All the
>parents cars were parked opposite in a long line blocking the cycle lane.
>One pupil trying to cycle home had to pass the cars in the road.
>I intend to report this presumably daily occurrence Monday.
>PK

you never know, they might even do summat about it. My son's school
has (shamefully) only recently had the yellow zigzags painted outside.
For the first few days, parents carried on parking outside the school
as normal. Then a police car appeared most days, and sat opposite the
school during arrival & home times. Parking on the yellow zigzags has
pretty much stopped, even when the police aren't there.

email = audmad aaatttt hhhottt mmmaailll dddoottt ccccoommm

marc
June 19th 04, 02:37 PM
In article >,
says...
> Then a police car appeared most days, and sat opposite the
> school during arrival & home times. Parking on the yellow zigzags has
> pretty much stopped, even when the police aren't there.

For the moment! Until the first parent that is "only stopping for a
moment" does it, and then the next and then the next and...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home