PDA

View Full Version : TA Ring

Just zis Guy, you know?
June 20th 04, 03:34 PM
I've done it! I've managed to knacker a TA ring! The inner on the
'bent (61/52/42T) is hooked. This may, of course, be related to my
habit of riding it up hills, an activity for which no Dutch bike is
truly designed.

I'd buy a steel one but since I can't find a decent-looking 9-speed
compatible 42T steel ring on 130 BCD I'll stick with TA.

An expensive week, really; the chain is also at the wear limit. 3 x
SRAM PC59 at £17 each and a new cassette.

<BBC7>Wigglywigglywiggly</BBC7> (apart from the TA ring which will
come from St John Street).

Oh, wait! SJS are £12 per each for the HG59 instead of Wiggle's £17 -
now that's unexpected. Keen price. They have some end-of-line
Shimano 9-speed chain for £10, if anyone's interested, but I prefer
the Powerlink.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Pete Biggs
June 20th 04, 05:39 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> An expensive week, really; the chain is also at the wear limit. 3 x
> SRAM PC59 at £17 each and a new cassette.

PC59: £8.90 from Parker International + 50p for Powerlink + £2.50 postage.
Powerlinks work ok with $himano chains, BTW.

Chain Reaction are worth checking out for cassettes.

Settle Cycles tend to be cheaper than SJS et al for TA rings, with free
post.

~PB

Dr Curious
June 20th 04, 07:26 PM
"Pete Biggs" > wrote in message

> Settle Cycles tend to be cheaper than SJS et al for TA rings, with free
> post.
>
> ~PB

Thanks very much for the tip Pete.

Settle also 144 BCD Campag clone rings for 12.99 something I've been
looking for for ages. There's currently an Alan branded 144 Super Record
ring on Ebay thats already up to £24.

Thanks again.

Curious

Clive George
June 20th 04, 11:14 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message

> I'd buy a steel one but since I can't find a decent-looking 9-speed
> compatible 42T steel ring on 130 BCD I'll stick with TA.

Tiaga comes with steel 42T middle ring - but you may not want the shifting
ramps using it as an inner.

cheers,
clive

Jon Senior
June 22nd 04, 12:28 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? opined the=20
following...
> Oh, wait! SJS are =A312 per each for the HG59 instead of Wiggle's =A317 =
-
> now that's unexpected. Keen price. They have some end-of-line
> Shimano 9-speed chain for =A310, if anyone's interested, but I prefer
> the Powerlink.

I loathed and detested Powerlink until today when I finally discovered=20
how it works. Would it really kill SRAM to include little piuctures of=20
how to unclip it with the powerlink? Squeeze the plates together...=20
that's all. No-one told me. Including the guy in the (crap) LBS who was=20
telling me how much better they are than Shimano!

Jon

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home