PDA

View Full Version : Re: New to grinds

imnotaclown
August 6th 04, 03:38 AM
I just bought the Odyssey Jim Cielencki Platform Pedals with Pins and i
attached a grind plate to the bottom of one, and i want to start doing
some grinds. I have attempted many times but can never get it. Does
anyone have any tips for doing grinds?

I am starting on a box with metal down the sides, and it is slighty
desending.
What is easiest to start grinding on or get use to..yeah...just looking
for tips, and hints to get riding some rails..thanks

--
imnotaclown
imnotaclown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7392

onetrack
August 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Make sure your tire isn't rubbing against the side of the box.
try not to grind on your bearing housings.
ride faster.
lean back a little bit to initiate sliding.
put as much weight as you can on your grinding foot.
sometimes it helps to drag your heel.

hope this helps,
mike

--
onetrack - street terrorist
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

whatweasel
August 6th 04, 09:10 PM
Im going to a skatepark this week and im gonna try and grind but i need
to know whether its possible to grind using regular pedals or should i
get a grind plate

--
whatweasel
whatweasel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6517

onetrack
August 7th 04, 02:50 AM
I was grinding for quite a while before I welded grind plates on my
pedal. The reason I welded the plates on was more for durability than
grinding ease.

one tip: I would recomend grinding on only one side of the pedal. That
way, one side will remain grippy. The other side of your pedal will get
smoother.

mike

--
onetrack - street terrorist