PDA

View Full Version : Finland Tour

George Farnsworth
August 6th 04, 08:35 PM
We took the BikeFridays to Helsinki and made our way all the way up to
Rovaniemi on the Arctic Circle.

We took ferries and trains too but pedalled about 750 kilometers (500
miles). Finland is ideal for bicycle touring. There are excellent bike
route guides and maps, dedicated "bicycle roads" between many cities
and inside virtually all towns and cities. Drivers are courteous,
Daylight lasts a loooong time (in summer) and the country is virtually
flat.

Now that I'm over 60 we stay in hotels -- no more camping.

Pictures and other details at
http://www.gfarnsworth.com/FamaZine/BikeTrips.cfm

No hassle from TSA.

Ken Brown
August 8th 04, 01:52 AM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a nice trip.
Ken

(George Farnsworth) wrote:

>We took the BikeFridays to Helsinki and made our way all the way up to
>Rovaniemi on the Arctic Circle.
>
>We took ferries and trains too but pedalled about 750 kilometers (500
>miles). Finland is ideal for bicycle touring. There are excellent bike
>route guides and maps, dedicated "bicycle roads" between many cities
>and inside virtually all towns and cities. Drivers are courteous,
>Daylight lasts a loooong time (in summer) and the country is virtually
>flat.
>
>Now that I'm over 60 we stay in hotels -- no more camping.
>
>Pictures and other details at
>http://www.gfarnsworth.com/FamaZine/BikeTrips.cfm
>
>No hassle from TSA.

Ken Brown, Toronto Canada