PDA

View Full Version : Kris Holm air seat conversion?

Rockey
August 7th 04, 03:32 AM
Is this possible? I'm thinking about going to the bike store, buying a
small inner tube and just positioning it on top of the foam of my kris
holm seat and then duct taping it on. Will this combo of foam and air
work? Or will it be a complete disaster?

--
Rockey - tearin' it up

Revelations of Simplicity
Rockey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3460

TheBadger587
August 7th 04, 03:59 AM
are you going to restaple your seat cover on? do you think your seat
cover can accomadate both a fat piece of foam AND an innertube?

--
TheBadger587 - building a cf seat

Gliding, finally.

AIM:TheBadger587
TheBadger587's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5576

evil-nick
August 7th 04, 03:58 PM
Sweet, I was just discussing this with a friend yesterday... is it
possible? Practical? Has it been done? Inquiring Minds want to
know!
I find the KH seat very comfortable on the trails, but as soon as I
start riding home from the trails, it starts being annoying...

--
evil-nick - Living in Balance

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Rockey
August 7th 04, 03:58 PM
No, I just plan on duct taping the air tube on top of the seat cover.

--
Rockey - tearin' it up

Revelations of Simplicity
Rockey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3460

spickydoo
August 7th 04, 05:09 PM
The saddle will probably be too high if you duct tape it on top ot the
cover. The duct tape wont last too long either. After a short time it
wil start to roll the edges of the tape and the sticky side will be
exposed causing an extremely uncomfortable rubbing. .I may be wrong
about this, but i've had tape on my seat before and it doesnt work for a
long term solution. Give it a try if you like and let us know how it
works. If memory serves me correct, there has been a thread on this
before.
http://tinyurl.com/5wu9s

--
spickydoo - one hot wheel

"They say you can pick your friends, You can pick your nose, But you
can't pick your friend's nose. " Unibrier

"If I wanted to be totally healthy I wouldn't smoke pot, drink alcohol
or stay up too late, and how fun would that be?" Rowan
spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

crazyrider2004
August 7th 04, 07:58 PM
This is thinuniking here using my girlfriends p.c! KH airseats totally
possible, I would say worth it but i am unsure i don't like air seats
much but anyways! to bouncey for muni me thinks!
Ben

--
crazyrider2004
crazyrider2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6373

one wheeled stallion
August 7th 04, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't use all the foam and an innertube. Do some cutting my friend,
thin out the foam or get some new stuff and then put it all under a
cover- it's why they're called covers!

As for bouncing, try the foam and tube in a different set ups- tube
sandwiched between foam, tube beneath etc etc and also play around with
tbe pressures. You don't need much air at all!

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"...I explain briefly to him that such conduct leaves him vulnerable to
accusations of being an idiot. We part as enemies" - Mikefule

one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home