PDA

View Full Version : groove seat

tennispro
August 8th 04, 02:46 AM
I'm new to unicycling, my bicycle seat has a groove going down
the middle of it for comfort, has or does anybody make a
unicycle seat with something like it?

--
tennispro - bigassunicycle
tennispro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7299

elmer
August 8th 04, 06:37 AM
There is no such unicycle seat in production to my knowledge.

I've done surgery on a few of my seats with acceptable results. "Blown
rubber" seats (the hard foam kind) can be altered with a quick trip to
the grinding wheel or wire wheel. I've cut a groove out of the center
of metal (Savage)seat bases to relieve pressure down the middle as
well.

Having said this, let me say that air-seats are the ticket with regards
to comfort. KH or Velo seats come in second.

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"At 40 life begins...to show."
elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

ned
August 8th 04, 12:50 PM
my uni has a groove in the seat but i don't know what sort of seat it
is, its a uni.com 24" learner but i got it for free and the person who
gave it to me had changed the seat.

--
ned - unofficial level 3.3
ned's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5595

Ken Cline
August 8th 04, 11:26 PM
"tennispro" > writes:

> I'm new to unicycling, my bicycle seat has a groove going down
> the middle of it for comfort, has or does anybody make a
> unicycle seat with something like it?

Since the better saddles don't have built in relief, I wear cycling
shorts with a groove in the padding (Pearl Izumi) for long rides.
Unicycle equipment is improving so I hope to see better seats in the
future.

Ken

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home