PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Mud Island Pics (and need help with the video)

onefiftyfour
August 10th 04, 03:34 AM
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/muc-mud/PICT0059cropped.sized.jpg][/url]
Last Sunday I spent the day hopping over the Mississippi River with the
Memphis Uni Club. Man, what a great unicycle community they have in
Memphis! Great riding, great people.
'We were able to ride 1000 miles along and sometimes over the
Mississippi River.' (http://www.mudisland.com/riverwalk.asp) Boy, were
we tired. I have some photos 'here'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/muc-mud) .

I have a video to post as well, but get the same error as johnfoss got
below. Does anyone know what's going on?
[i]

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

mucRider
August 10th 04, 10:53 AM
Great photos!! Sorry I couldn't be there.

--
mucRider - Old Unicycling Newbie

Anything with more than one wheel is too complicated!
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119

Tmornstar
August 10th 04, 11:41 AM
Wow!

What FUN that was! It was great that you took such awesome photos to
document a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning riding! Also, thanks
for the link to the Mud Island River Park. Most Memphians don't even
know it is there. It is the perfect uni-play ground AND the park's
administrators love it when we come down and entertain the visitors to
our city. I can't wait to show the lads their photos on the web. They
will be really excited and inspired to continue to ride and learn new
skills - as am I!

Onefiftyfour, you are always welcome at my home and to drop-in on any
MUC activity.

I hope that we can get over to Little Rock on the 21st. Are we still on
for that ride? You'll be doing a good deed to introduce unicycling to
the Little Rock area before you head back south to Austin. Ride in
publicly visable places - for us, as we are looking to expand our
uni-circle to Little Rock! Don’t forget to mark your schedule for an
after-ride dinner at Lilly’s!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
(No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Memphis Mud
August 10th 04, 03:59 PM
great pix

I'm sure some of them will make there way to the MUC website.

We're planning a day trip your direction soon.:cool:

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Tmornstar
August 10th 04, 04:03 PM
Already up on the MUC site - proudly!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
(No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

onefiftyfour
August 10th 04, 05:30 PM
Tmornstar wrote:
> *...I hope that we can get over to Little Rock on the 21st. Are we
> still on for that ride? You'll be doing a good deed to introduce
> unicycling to the Little Rock area before you head back south to
> Austin. Ride in publicly visable places - for us, as we are looking
> to expand our uni-circle to Little Rock! Don’t forget to mark your
> schedule for an after-ride dinner at Lilly’s!... *

Yes, we are still on for that ride. To keep things simple, I suggest we
stay in the Little Rock city limits. There are muni trails in a park
called Allsopp Park. It's supposed to be technical and challenging.
'(description from a local bikeshop website)'
(http://www.bikeseller.com/rides_mtb.php)
If we want more we can coker/29er around the hills of Little Rock or hop
on things downtown or both.

Who do you think will come?

-Eric

--
onefiftyfour - Eric
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

vivalargo
August 10th 04, 06:08 PM
Hey, TT:

That's looks like a great group. Sensational you have a real gang with
kids. Are those the ones who learned to ride in half an hour?

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Tmornstar
August 10th 04, 08:04 PM
"Ride" is sort of a relative term. Most of these kids worked hard to
hang with us on our non-practice activities.

Yes, they are a great goup!

Thanks,
Tommy

--