PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on X USA guy?

one wheeled stallion
August 11th 04, 09:11 AM
Has anyone heard of, or even manage to meet up with the man who is/was
trying to ride across the US? Patrick Thomas (could have made that name
up, but I'm sure it's that!)?

How is he progressing? And is he still on that stock Schwinn?

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"...I explain briefly to him that such conduct leaves him vulnerable to
accusations of being an idiot. We part as enemies" - Mikefule

one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

brian.slater
August 11th 04, 01:28 PM
You did not make up the name - Patrick Thomas is correct - I meet
Patrick on my way home after NAUCC, between Steamboat Springs and
Denver. His website is 'pedal the waves'
(http://www.pedalthewaves.org/), according to it he's made it to
Lincoln, Nebraska although it hasen't been updated since August 2nd.

Here's the 'post' (http://tinyurl.com/6zkp3) I made about meeting him

His photo section hasn't been updated since before I meet him - I took a
couple of pictures for him that aren't in it yet.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

brian.slater
August 21st 04, 04:02 PM
I have recieved an email from Patrick Thomas:
> [...]
>
> Though I will try, I cannot promise any responses before September and
> I beg your patience and understanding. I read EVERYTHING personally
> as I have access to e-mail once or twice a week.
>
> If you do nothing else, though, try, everyday, to impact at least one
> life in a positive way. It could be someone you know or a total
> stranger via a random act of kindness. I believe that there is no
> evil or negative energy that goodwill, love, warmth and a genuine,
> profound caring cannot overcome. If we were all to lock hands and
> commit, allow ourselves to be infected by the contagious strain of
> caring throughout the year (not just during the holidays) for the
> human beings with whom we share Earth, we could form a potent wave,
> that could not be contained by any dike. It would wash over all
> towns, cities, states and countries, near and far, and precipitate a
> new dawn, a promising crop and a bountiful harvest. This is the dream
> that accompanies my slumber and the vision to which I awake in the
> morning.
>
> I hold you all dear in my thoughts and thank you for keeping me in
> yours-
>
> Peace and Prosperity
>
> Patrick Thomas
>
> Date Place Miles
> IOWA
>
> August 10 Marengo to Iowa City 30
> August 11 Rest & Write
> August 12 Rest & Write
> August 13 Iowa City to Davenport 56
> August 14 Davenport to Rock Falls, IL 62
>
> ILLINOIS
>
> August 15 Rock Falls to Hinckley 60
> August 16 Hinckley to Chicago 56
> August 17 Rest &Write
> August 18 Rest &Write
> August 19 Chicago to Valparaiso, IN 57
>
> INDIANA
>
> August 20 Valparaiso to Rochester 66
> August 21 Rochester to Kokomo 43
> August 22 Kokomo to Indianapolis 60
> August 23 Indianapolis to Seymour 62
> August 24 Seymour to Louisville, KY 54
>
> Kentucky
> August 25 Rest & Write
> August 26 Louisville to Carrollton 55
> August 27 Carrollton to Cincinnati, OH 58
> OHIO
>
> August 28 Cincinnati to Washington Ct. House 72
> August 29 Washington Ct. House to Columbus 40
> August 30 Columbus to Coshocton 77
> August 31 Rest & Write
> September 1 Coshocton to Cadiz 58
> September 2 Cadiz to East Liverpool 48
> September 3 East Liverpool to Pittsburgh 40
>
> Pennsylvania
>
> September 4 Rest & Write
> September 5 Pittsburgh to Ligonier 62
> September 6 Ligonier to Breezewood 63
> September 7 Breezewood to Shippensburg 54
> September 8 Shippensburg to Harrisburg 42
> September 9 Harrisburg to Reading 61
> September 10 Reading to Philadelphia 63
> September 11 Rest & Write
>
> New Jersey
>
> September 12 Philadelphia, PA. to New Brunswick, NJ 66
>
> New York
>
> September 13 New Brunswick to New York, New York 35
I've asked him about his itinerary for the last day so that I might ride
with him again for his triumphal entry into NYC, anybody else want to
go? I imagine that his date of Sept. 13 will change, so don't plan for
that date being it.

--
> [...]

> September 9 Harrisburg to Reading 61
> September 10 Reading to Philadelphia 63
> September 11 Rest & Write
>
> New Jersey
>
> September 12 Philadelphia, PA. to New Brunswick, NJ 66
>
> New York
>
> September 13 New Brunswick to New York, New York 35
I've asked him about his itinerary for the last day so that I might ride
with him again for his triumphal entry into NYC, anybody else want to
go? I imagine that his date of Sept. 13 will change, so don't plan for
that date being it.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided

August 22nd 04, 03:36 AM

--
> [...]

> Patrick
>
> "Brian C. Slater" wrote:
> Thank you for the email, I really appreciate it, I also appreciate how
> much effort it takes to do what you're doing and how hard it is to do
> anything else at the end of a day. Again, thank you.
>
> I am hoping that you are going to share the details of your projected
> route of the last day with us, New Brunswick to New York City, as I,
> and am sure that others, too, would like to accompany you on your
> triumphal entry to NYC, if only for the last few miles.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided

bugman
August 22nd 04, 04:46 AM
Very cool. Brian thanks for passing along the update. I find it
extremely inspirational when ordinary people do extraordinary things.
It makes me realize what is possible when you are determined. The fact
that he shares his struggle, and how others inspire him to continue
makes it all the more inspiring.

I would love to be there to see him complete this journey. I won't be
able to though. Maybe you can help promote the event and get some TV
station to cover the last day. Great human interest story. Then we
could all enjoy the completion by video. If not that, at least see to
it someone is there to video the event.:)

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
Ayn Rand

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home