PDA

View Full Version : Lars Trip South

albertkarel
August 11th 04, 03:00 PM
1800 miles by unicycle. I guess that's "nothing" compared to his double
crossing of the U.S. but it's still amazing. My newbie 11 year old and
I (newbie too) met up with Lars and his family and about 35 others at a
getogether in Thousand Oaks, California. That's about 3/4 of the way
from Vancouver to the Mexican border, his current trip.

The slide show and talk really gave a feel for being on the road.
Outside, Lars and his kids (and, it turned out, my boy) gave quite a
riding show. His 10 year old rode Lars' backup Coker around like it was
a 20 incher. It was a swirl of uniclycles. My 11 year old pleaded for
a chance at the Coker, and proceeded to ride it all over the place.
Great fun.

The tire on Lars' main Coker (handlebar rig complete with pack) was
worn down to the threads. He swore he hadn't added air since Vancouver
and was going to ride it til it blew or until he hit Mexico.

If you haven't read Lars' book yet, ya oughta have Amazon or someone
send you one. I just finished it. A very good read. His website is
http://onewheel.org.

AL
Santa Monica

--
albertkarel
albertkarel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7253

bugman
August 11th 04, 03:42 PM
When is he heading east, South East.:D Guess I am going to have to get
his book. I should have asked for it for my B-Day.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
Ayn Rand

tomblackwood
August 11th 04, 11:53 PM
Thanks for posting. It's great to read about the progress Lars has made
on this ride, and his continuing connection with unicyclists as he
goes.

Hard to believe he's made it so far south. Seems like only last month we
were riding with him in Seattle at the start of his tour.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/LarsInSeattle2004

TB

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz