PDA

View Full Version : unipsychos

souleater12
August 11th 04, 10:25 PM
At http://www.ethereal3d.com/uni when u go to forums its down and it
says this message CGIWrap Error: Script Execution Failed
CGIWrap encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

Error Message: Permission denied
Error Number: 13
This message usually indicates there is a problem with the script
itself. Often this indicates either that the #! line of the script is
incorrect, or the script was uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii
mode. Check to make sure that the script does not have control-M's at
the end of every line. That will prevent it from executing. An easy fix
that takes care of this most of the time is to put '#!/.../perl --'
instead of '#!/.../perl' on the first line of the script. This is
typically a problem if the script was edited or uploaded from a
DOS/Windows/Macintosh station to a unix based server.
If you are not the owner of this script, please forward this error and
the URL that caused it to the script owner. That is often the component
in the URL right after /cgiwrap/.

Local Information and Documentation:

Contact Name: Administrator
Contact EMail: admin

Server Data:

Server Administrator/Contact: admin
Server Name: www.ethereal3d.com
Server Port: 80
Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1

Request Data:

User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Request Method: GET
Remote Address: 199.126.230.85
Remote Port: 1801
Query String: board=RidesAndEvents&action=index
Extra Path Info: /cgi-bin/xmlboard.cgi

can anyone explain this to me???

--
souleater12 - I Fell on my bottom TWICE

http://www.geocities.com/souleatersslave/bobalob.swf
souleater12's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7417

leo
August 12th 04, 03:06 AM
Cool to know you are running cgi as admin (and I know admin equals root
on this Cobalt...!).
I would not really recommend that....

type
$ which perl
on your (remote) shell, see if it's the same as in the script(s!).
Also type
$ man chown
on your shell, and do something about the UID 0.
Unless this ain't your server and you have backups.
Is this your "own" server?

--
leo - errorist

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
866-UNI-CYCL

Dutch radio reporter Jaques Chapel in Athens, checking an ISDN line
before a Olympic radio broadcast and getting used to security measures:
"and suddenly I have a soldier pointing a machine gun in my back. So, I
talk English, he responds Greek. So what do you do? Just ignore him and
finish the job".
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home