PDA

View Full Version : Best saddle for giraffes

TonyMelton
August 11th 04, 11:22 PM
In keeping with the 'best saddle' thread theme here's my question to
y'all....

Which is the best saddle to put on a giraffe? I think you'd need a
pretty strong durable saddle on a giraffe because the forces involved in
dropping the giraffe are greater than on a standard uni. Has anyone used
the KH and viscount and Miyata saddles on their giraffe for comparison's
sake? I'm inclined to think the Viscount may be the most durable (once
the bumpers have been fixed) but not the most comfortable.

Also is a handle an advantage at all? Is it useful for seat out back
riding? [KH saddle vs KH freestyle saddle]

I had a ride on an old DM 5 foot giraffe last night and boy it had an
uncomfortable saddle! It was an older model than 'this one'
(http://www.unicycle.co.uk/Giraffes.htm)

+0]\[y

--
TonyMelton - www.unicycle.co.nz

See some photos of the first 'NZ MUni Weekend'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/NZ-MUni-Weekend-2004)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

bobgob
August 12th 04, 11:57 AM
you might want to upgrade the bumpers to make it more durable.

--
bobgob - crazy monkey on a unicycle

why is it that, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but
you can't pick your friends nose?
bobgob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7079

sockmonster
August 12th 04, 03:32 PM
I have a Torker Black saddle on mine, which is just like a miyata. It's
comfortable enough to ride long distances (parades and such), which I
think is important. I think KH saddles would be overkill. They belong on
more versatile unis.

the strength isn't as important as it sounds. Whenever I dismount or
UPD, I catch the saddle anyway. I think a viscount, or united is just
fine for a giraffe.

--
sockmonster - Unicycling Instructor

"Just pretend it's a taco..." Invader Zim
sockmonster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4286

TonyMelton
August 12th 04, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm, seeing as I have all the seats mentioned above (except a KH
freestyle) I'll just do some experimenting and see what works best.

--
TonyMelton - www.unicycle.co.nz

See some photos of the first 'NZ MUni Weekend'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/NZ-MUni-Weekend-2004)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home