PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Unicycling Club Radio Interview

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club
August 12th 04, 08:34 AM
The Club did its radio interview some time ago on Skiddaw, Cumbria. I
thought I had better let people get a chance to hear it since it was
local radio.

Follow the link to the BBC website and the broadcast can be heard via
streaming to a real player.

http://www0.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/features/2004/05/muni/

It all helps get the message accross to the general public. Hope you
enjoy it.

Regards

Simon

--
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club - The home of Mountain Uni in Cumbria

Welcome to Cumbria - take only pictures, leave only one wheel track

CumbriaMuni (dot) com
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/CumbriaMuniGallery

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3758

pluto
August 15th 04, 09:50 AM
bump:)

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

www.freeborn.co.uk

www.cumbriamuni.com

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

sarah.miller
August 15th 04, 12:00 PM
Nice interveiw. Has to be said tho that unicycling is not a natural
radio sport. The 1st BMW we had a radio reporter come along to and
interveiw people, he had to run to keep up!

Sarah

--
sarah.miller - unicycist
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

pluto
August 15th 04, 01:04 PM
I would agree, obviously it's a very visual sport, and sound obviously
doesn't show that.
Aaron

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

www.freeborn.co.uk

www.cumbriamuni.com

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club
August 16th 04, 05:07 PM
Thanks Sarah,
Yes I would agree, you wouldn’t think muni is the ideal thing to do as a
subject for a radio interview would you? But the reporter Natalie Mace
did such a good job describing what’s going on and you really get a view
in your minds eye what’s happening and what it looks like. I love the
bit when you here her footsteps running back down the hill to catch us
up – so funny!:D

If anyone has a problem downloading it I have a copy on minidisk which I
could get transferred to a digital audio file for you – just let me
know.

Regards

Simon
:)

--

http://www.CumbriaMuni.com
[...]

joe
August 16th 04, 05:20 PM
Hey Simon

any chance of sending me a copy of the interview, or even putting it up
on the gallery for all to download. My computer wont play the file, and
real player wants a credit card number off me to download it - NO NO!!

Cheers,

Joe,

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

[...]

August 16th 04, 05:34 PM
Joe, the real player should be free - are you sure you didnt click onto
the super/bells and whistles one?

I havnt converted the minidisk but it would certainly make it easier if
were a windows audio file. Then there would be no problem putting it on
the website! I will look into it - in the meantime try choosing an
older version of the player and then you will be able to hear your
dulcit tones!.:D

Cheers

Simon

--
[...]

mgrant
August 16th 04, 06:54 PM
I've converted the audio to MP3 and made it available 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/54s5u).

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

[...]

August 16th 04, 07:55 PM
That was very nice of you mgrant...appreciated!!!
Aaron

--
[...]

August 17th 04, 07:35 AM
Thank you very very much Michael, that was very nice of you – an
excellent job!! How did you do that?

Kindest Regards

Simon

--
[...]