PDA

View Full Version : Crank hang

CrazyKiD
August 12th 04, 04:00 PM
Ok im now able to hop but i need some tips for the crank hank. Here are
some questions tha im asking for :
- Is it normal to be scared of it ?
- What should I do for practicing?
- How should I do it first?

Please help me.

Thank You.

--
CrazyKiD
CrazyKiD's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7464

juggle508
August 12th 04, 04:25 PM
Ok I will try to help. I think many things will be intimidating at
first.
Are you going to try it seat out or in. I personally think it is easier
to do it seat out but that is my personal preference. I have saw people
do it seat in though. I think it is easier seat out to balance when you
are up there. YOu will need to at least be able to hop on to something
about 10" high that way your tire won't be touching the ground. I don't
even know if that helped any. Also search the forums for crank grabs,
you might find something. Hope this helps. KElly.

--
juggle508 - Look Mom a Tricycle

My goal is for people to start to see unicycling as an extreme sport and
forget about the circus.
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

darchibald
August 12th 04, 04:29 PM
- Yes
- See below.

- Just jump up on a ledge or something and land with all your weight on
the appropriate crank. The ledge doesn't have to be high, just high
enough so you're off the ground. Keep doing this until you feel
comfortable with it. Then when you're ready, bend way forward at the
waist, bend yor knees, lean slightly inward and pop straight up, pulling
the uni with you. You don't have to worry about leaning in too much
because with all your weight on the inward crank, when you jump the uni
comes that way. It just takes practise.

David

Edit: Kelly posted before me but he/she (sorry) makes a good point. When
you are hanging and you feel like you're gonna fall (if you're doing it
seat in) pull out the seat and you can balance easier. When you're
balanced and ready to hop just stick it back in.

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

munimanpete
August 12th 04, 10:45 PM
darchibald wrote:
> *- Yes
> - See below.
>
> - Just jump up on a ledge or something and land with all your weight
> on the appropriate crank. The ledge doesn't have to be high, just high
> enough so you're off the ground. Keep doing this until you feel
> comfortable with it. Then when you're ready, bend way forward at the
> waist, bend yor knees, lean slightly inward and pop straight up,
> pulling the uni with you. You don't have to worry about leaning in too
> much because with all your weight on the inward crank, when you jump
> the uni comes that way. It just takes practise.
>
> David
> *

David - mind if i add that helpful peice of advice to
www.unicycle.2ya.com?

--
munimanpete - mocacycle

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

darchibald
August 12th 04, 10:51 PM
Help yourself! I'd leave the first two lines out, because outside this
thread they probably wouldn't make sense.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

munimanpete
August 13th 04, 12:25 AM
darchibald wrote:
> *Help yourself! I'd leave the first two lines out, because outside
> this thread they probably wouldn't make sense.*

Thanks a lot, its up there now so you can see your very own piece of
work on the site.
Oh and if you want your last name after it aswell (at the moment all I
have is David) then PM me or something.

--
munimanpete - mocacycle

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM