PDA

View Full Version : bike tire chains, hti a speedbump

TJ Poseno
August 29th 04, 03:02 AM
I bought some chain and some cable to make a set of tire chains, but I
have a problem. I dont know how to connect the two pieces of cable.

What I mean is in this picture, it shows a barrel type thing that is
threaded. I need something like that but have no idea where to get
one. I cant think of any other way to attach the opposite ends.

http://users.rcn.com/icebike/images/icechains1.jpg

I also thought of making a loop on one end and then a small hook of
some kind, but there would be no adjustability.

I also thought of a turnbuckle, made for doing just what I want, but
its way too big to fit between my chainstays.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home