PDA

View Full Version : Re: seatpost blues

Kevin
October 11th 04, 04:48 AM
30.4 is a weird size, are you sure it's not 30.0 or 30.8 (two standard
sizes). You can cause your frame to split if you land on the seat hard and
the seat is extended past the maximum point. Most of the good seatposts
come in all the standard sizes. Thomson is one of the best.
www.lhthomson.com , they're light and strong.

Kevin

"Glenn Larson" > wrote in message
om...
> OK, so I am riding with my seatpost extended 1/4" past the max
> insertion marker...
>
> what's going to happen?
>
> I have a weird size seatpost (30.4mm) on a cro-moly Stumpjumper. The
> best path I see is to get a longer seatpost in a 27.2mm size and use a
> seatpost shim to make up the difference.
>
> Any comments on seatpost shims (adaptors)?
>
> thanks,
>
> - glenn
>
> --
> rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving
> posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/
> Please read the charter before posting: http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home