PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on GMSR

TritonRider
September 2nd 04, 02:44 AM
This is going to be interesting to say the least.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep02news

McCormack set to defend in Green Mountain Stage Race
A record field of 800 riders, including over 100 in the pro/1/2 category, will
convene in Vermont on Friday afternoon for the 4th Green Mountain Stage Race.
Reigning champion Mark McCormack (Colavita) has brought some team-mates to help
him defend his title this year. Four members of the Colavita professional team
will be coming to Vermont, including former Univest Grand Prix winner Todd
Herriott, former collegiate national champion Tyler Wren, and Aaron Olson
(Eugene, Oregon), who was won stages of the Grand Prix de Beauce and the
International (Altoona) this year.

Threatening McCormack are riders such as former Canadian national road champion
Dominique Perras (Ofoto-Lombardi Sports), former San Francisco Grand Prix
winner Charlie Dionne (Webcor Builders), Andrew Randall (Jet Fuel Coffee), and
former pro and New Hampshire native Justin Spinelli (Richard Sachs).

On the women's side, the absence of defending champion Genevieve Jeanson has
left a field of which several riders could take this year's title. New
Zealander Johanna Buick (Victory Brewing) returns this year with her eye on
grabbing the title, but she will have some fierce competition from Amy Moore
(Team Quark), Anna Milkowski (Rona), Kristen LaSasso (Century Road
Club-Aquafina), and Hiroko Shimada (Velo Bella).

This year the weather doesn't look anywhere near as brutal. Trust me, that's a
good thing. 60mph winds and zero visibility rain on top of a mountain is NOT a
good thing.
Any of you out there want to say Hi, or anything else. I'll be the fat
official on the green Triumph ST motor. I think we'll be at sign in too.
Bill C

Sierraman
September 2nd 04, 02:49 AM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> This is going to be interesting to say the least.
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep02news
>
> McCormack set to defend in Green Mountain Stage Race
> A record field of 800 riders, including over 100 in the pro/1/2 category,
will
> convene in Vermont on Friday afternoon for the 4th Green Mountain Stage
Race.
> Reigning champion Mark McCormack (Colavita) has brought some team-mates to
help
> him defend his title this year. Four members of the Colavita professional
team
> will be coming to Vermont, including former Univest Grand Prix winner Todd
> Herriott, former collegiate national champion Tyler Wren, and Aaron Olson
> (Eugene, Oregon), who was won stages of the Grand Prix de Beauce and the
> International (Altoona) this year.
>
> Threatening McCormack are riders such as former Canadian national road
champion
> Dominique Perras (Ofoto-Lombardi Sports), former San Francisco Grand Prix
> winner Charlie Dionne (Webcor Builders), Andrew Randall (Jet Fuel Coffee),
and
> former pro and New Hampshire native Justin Spinelli (Richard Sachs).
>
> On the women's side, the absence of defending champion Genevieve Jeanson
has
> left a field of which several riders could take this year's title. New
> Zealander Johanna Buick (Victory Brewing) returns this year with her eye
on
> grabbing the title, but she will have some fierce competition from Amy
Moore
> (Team Quark), Anna Milkowski (Rona), Kristen LaSasso (Century Road
> Club-Aquafina), and Hiroko Shimada (Velo Bella).
>
> This year the weather doesn't look anywhere near as brutal. Trust me,
that's a
> good thing. 60mph winds and zero visibility rain on top of a mountain is
NOT a
> good thing.
> Any of you out there want to say Hi, or anything else. I'll be the fat
> official on the green Triumph ST motor. I think we'll be at sign in too.
> Bill C

Fat? Say it ain't so Bill?

TritonRider
September 2nd 04, 01:10 PM
>From: "Sierraman"

>Fat? Say it ain't so Bill?

Why do you think I haven't sent Ken a picture. Between injuries, surgeries,
trying to get a business going and personal crap the body went.
Unfortunately it all started in the middle of a power lifting cycle so I was
already 215/220.
Really going to work on getting down to at least 185 for next spring.
Bill

Sierraman
September 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> >From: "Sierraman"
>
> >Fat? Say it ain't so Bill?
> >

> Why do you think I haven't sent Ken a picture. Between injuries,
surgeries,
> trying to get a business going and personal crap the body went.
> Unfortunately it all started in the middle of a power lifting cycle so I
was
> already 215/220.
> Really going to work on getting down to at least 185 for next spring.
> Bill

Height?

jerry
September 2nd 04, 08:00 PM
(TritonRider) wrote in message >...
> This is going to be interesting to say the least.
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep02news
>
> McCormack set to defend in Green Mountain Stage Race
> A record field of 800 riders, including over 100 in the pro/1/2 category, will
> convene in Vermont on Friday afternoon for the 4th Green Mountain Stage Race.
> Reigning champion Mark McCormack (Colavita) has brought some team-mates to help
> him defend his title this year. Four members of the Colavita professional team
> will be coming to Vermont, including former Univest Grand Prix winner Todd
> Herriott, former collegiate national champion Tyler Wren, and Aaron Olson
> (Eugene, Oregon), who was won stages of the Grand Prix de Beauce and the
> International (Altoona) this year.
>
> Threatening McCormack are riders such as former Canadian national road champion
> Dominique Perras (Ofoto-Lombardi Sports), former San Francisco Grand Prix
> winner Charlie Dionne (Webcor Builders), Andrew Randall (Jet Fuel Coffee), and
> former pro and New Hampshire native Justin Spinelli (Richard Sachs).
>
> On the women's side, the absence of defending champion Genevieve Jeanson has
> left a field of which several riders could take this year's title. New
> Zealander Johanna Buick (Victory Brewing) returns this year with her eye on
> grabbing the title, but she will have some fierce competition from Amy Moore
> (Team Quark), Anna Milkowski (Rona), Kristen LaSasso (Century Road
> Club-Aquafina), and Hiroko Shimada (Velo Bella).
>
> This year the weather doesn't look anywhere near as brutal. Trust me, that's a
> good thing. 60mph winds and zero visibility rain on top of a mountain is NOT a
> good thing.
> Any of you out there want to say Hi, or anything else. I'll be the fat
> official on the green Triumph ST motor. I think we'll be at sign in too.
> Bill C

Cindi has me taking protests ALL DAY at the summit! And it looks like
the latest hurricane will be coming thru this weekend. thuper.

Cat Dailey
September 2nd 04, 08:24 PM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> This is going to be interesting to say the least.
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep02news
>
> McCormack set to defend in Green Mountain Stage Race
> A record field of 800 riders, including over 100 in the pro/1/2 category,
will
> convene in Vermont on Friday afternoon for the 4th Green Mountain Stage
Race.
> Reigning champion Mark McCormack (Colavita) has brought some team-mates to
help
> him defend his title this year. Four members of the Colavita professional
team
> will be coming to Vermont, including former Univest Grand Prix winner Todd
> Herriott, former collegiate national champion Tyler Wren, and Aaron Olson
> (Eugene, Oregon), who was won stages of the Grand Prix de Beauce and the
> International (Altoona) this year.
>
> Threatening McCormack are riders such as former Canadian national road
champion
> Dominique Perras (Ofoto-Lombardi Sports), former San Francisco Grand Prix
> winner Charlie Dionne (Webcor Builders), Andrew Randall (Jet Fuel Coffee),
and
> former pro and New Hampshire native Justin Spinelli (Richard Sachs).
>
> On the women's side, the absence of defending champion Genevieve Jeanson
has
> left a field of which several riders could take this year's title. New
> Zealander Johanna Buick (Victory Brewing) returns this year with her eye
on
> grabbing the title, but she will have some fierce competition from Amy
Moore
> (Team Quark), Anna Milkowski (Rona), Kristen LaSasso (Century Road
> Club-Aquafina), and Hiroko Shimada (Velo Bella).
>
> This year the weather doesn't look anywhere near as brutal. Trust me,
that's a
> good thing. 60mph winds and zero visibility rain on top of a mountain is
NOT a
> good thing.
> Any of you out there want to say Hi, or anything else. I'll be the fat
> official on the green Triumph ST motor. I think we'll be at sign in too.
> Bill C

Bill C,

Say hi to my husband, Ed Dailey. He will be the *really tall* skinny moto
on the GS Adventure. I always wondered who you were. If you get the
chance, get him to take a pic of you so I can put a face to your name when
he gets home....

Cat

TritonRider
September 8th 04, 01:28 AM
>From: "Cat Dailey"

>Say hi to my husband, Ed Dailey. He will be the *really tall* skinny moto
>on the GS Adventure. I always wondered who you were. If you get the
>chance, get him to take a pic of you so I can put a face to your name when
>he gets home....
>
>Cat

Hi Cat
That was about the first thing he said to me was that my wife knows you from
rbr.
I don't know if he got any pics but he sure can ride. Also thanks to him for
sharing lot's of really good advice and knowledge.
Bill C

Cat Dailey
September 8th 04, 09:58 PM
"TritonRider" > wrote in message
> >From: "Cat Dailey"
>
> >Say hi to my husband, Ed Dailey. He will be the *really tall* skinny
moto
> >on the GS Adventure. I always wondered who you were. If you get the
> >chance, get him to take a pic of you so I can put a face to your name
when
> >he gets home....
> >
> >Cat
> >
> Hi Cat
> That was about the first thing he said to me was that my wife knows you
from
> rbr.
> I don't know if he got any pics but he sure can ride. Also thanks to him
for
> sharing lot's of really good advice and knowledge.
> Bill C

Too cool...I love it when I can put some faces on the names of rbr! Half
the time, I don't know what people are talking about, but it sure is
entertaining! And Ed is really a good rider and takes a lot of time to
learn how to ride well....lots of BMW advanced rider courses, a dirt school,
race day at the track, etc. Plus, he is a heck of a bicycle rider, too ;>
Thanks for saying hi for me...

Cat

Ewoud Dronkert
September 8th 04, 11:01 PM
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:58:51 -0400, Cat Dailey wrote:
> I love it when I can put some faces on the names of rbr!

Ever saw Faces of RBR? http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/rbrfaces.html

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home