PDA

View Full Version : Giro di SF

K. J. Papai
September 8th 04, 05:06 PM
Howard Kveck <YOURhoward.comcast.net>...
> (Papai Digitalis) wrote:

> > I was on his wheel for a few laps near the end of the 1/2/3 race and
> > at 2-3 laps to go Larry was gone. He is An ANIMAL!
> >
> > -Ken
>
> Larry Nolan has always been super strong. He seems to have the tactics
> thing pretty dialed, too.
>
> So how'd you do, Ken?

I got shelled at the bell. The heat finally got to me and I had cotton
mouth. My water bottle H2O was boiling hot and with one lap to go I
could not hang anymore and finished at the back.

My Spinergy wheels took a beating but for a rocky course like the Giro
SF they are perfect. Hey -- I had fun though!

-Ken

warren
September 9th 04, 01:41 AM
In article >, K. J.
Papai > wrote:

> Howard Kveck <YOURhoward.comcast.net>...

> > > I was on his wheel for a few laps near the end of the 1/2/3 race and
> > > at 2-3 laps to go Larry was gone. He is An ANIMAL!
> > >
> > > -Ken
> >
> > Larry Nolan has always been super strong. He seems to have the tactics
> > thing pretty dialed, too.
> >
> > So how'd you do, Ken?
>
> I got shelled at the bell. The heat finally got to me and I had cotton
> mouth. My water bottle H2O was boiling hot and with one lap to go I
> could not hang anymore and finished at the back.

That race is always among the hardest of the season, and this year's
course change made it just a bit harder. Average (pedalling) power
numbers are nearly 10% higher than most other races.

-WG

Dan Connelly
September 9th 04, 05:44 AM
K. J. Papai wrote:
> Howard Kveck <YOURhoward.comcast.net>...
>
>> (Papai Digitalis) wrote:
>>
>> So how'd you do, Ken?
>

> I got shelled at the bell. The heat finally got to me and I had cotton
> mouth. My water bottle H2O was boiling hot and with one lap to go I
> could not hang anymore and finished at the back.
>
> My Spinergy wheels took a beating but for a rocky course like the Giro
> SF they are perfect. Hey -- I had fun though!

Damn. I went off with Dan Martin from Webcor and rode the Conselman Road loop (Marin Headlands)
during the 35+ and 45+ races. I got back just as the stragglers on the kids race
were getting in. So I missed it....

I watched the end of the 35+ 4/5, all of the Juniors, E4, E3, and W123. Then I rode up
Greenwich from Battery to Montgomery. Now that would have been a course to
remember! At least for the "sprint" finish, take it up the block! :)

Dan

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home