PDA

View Full Version : No Friday Foaming Rants?

Richard Adams
September 10th 04, 05:58 AM
I'd gotten used to Pat O'Grady's foaming rants on VN, but haven't seen
any in a while. He on vacation or did the Federales read his last few
and escort him to the hoosegow?

Patrick O'Grady
September 10th 04, 07:41 PM
In article >, Richard Adams
> wrote:

> I'd gotten used to Pat O'Grady's foaming rants on VN, but haven't seen
> any in a while. He on vacation or did the Federales read his last few
> and escort him to the hoosegow?

Hey, Richard,

Glad to see someone's interested. I've been caught up in production work
since the start of the Tour, mostly for the VeloNews website and the
pre-Interbike issue of Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, and there's
something about a heavy diet of copy editing that suppresses the urge to
write. Maybe I can climb back on the horse once the show is over. There's
nothing like a week in Vegas to set a man to foaming at the jaws.

Cheers,

Patrick O'Grady
Mad Dog Media
http://www.maddogmedia.com

Richard Adams
September 11th 04, 01:05 AM
(Patrick O'Grady) wrote in message >...
> In article >, Richard Adams
> > wrote:
>
> > I'd gotten used to Pat O'Grady's foaming rants on VN, but haven't seen
> > any in a while. He on vacation or did the Federales read his last few
> > and escort him to the hoosegow?
>

> Hey, Richard,
>
> Glad to see someone's interested. I've been caught up in production work
> since the start of the Tour, mostly for the VeloNews website and the
> pre-Interbike issue of Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, and there's
> something about a heavy diet of copy editing that suppresses the urge to
> write. Maybe I can climb back on the horse once the show is over. There's
> nothing like a week in Vegas to set a man to foaming at the jaws.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick O'Grady
> Mad Dog Media
> http://www.maddogmedia.com

You can't be that busy, after all, you find time to read rbr. ;-)

Robert Chung
September 11th 04, 09:01 AM
Jeff Jones wrote:
> "Richard Adams" > wrote

>> You can't be that busy, after all, you find time to read rbr. ;-)
>
> If you ignore the really bad crap and just concentrate on the ordinary
> crap, it can be done in <10 minutes during either breakfast/morning
> tea/lunch/afternoon tea/snack to get you through to
> dinner/dinner/dessert/after dessert snack/nightcap, and you can still
> work a 90 hour week.

Eau claire? Or pot belge?

Stewart Fleming
September 11th 04, 10:11 AM
Robert Chung wrote:
> Jeff Jones wrote:
>
>>"Richard Adams" > wrote
>

>>>You can't be that busy, after all, you find time to read rbr. ;-)
>>
>>If you ignore the really bad crap and just concentrate on the ordinary
>>crap, it can be done in <10 minutes during either breakfast/morning
>>tea/lunch/afternoon tea/snack to get you through to
>>dinner/dinner/dessert/after dessert snack/nightcap, and you can still
>>work a 90 hour week.
>

> Eau claire? Or pot belge?

Pot Belge Lite (TM)
It's Big Down Under.

gwhite
September 13th 04, 04:55 AM
Jeff Jones wrote:

> ... and you can still work a
> 90 hour week.

Was that a rant?

Robert Chung
September 13th 04, 05:34 AM
Jeff Jones wrote:
> "Robert Chung" > wrote in message
>>
>> Eau claire? Or pot belge?
>>
> One cup of tea or coffee per day. Sometimes two, but more than that is
> counter-productive. Getting the necessary sleep is the real trick.

Yeah, that's what you say, but a team from France 2 followed you after
your journalists' race and noticed that you dumped a finger plaster in a
trash can far from home (they reported it had a "Clifford the Big Red Dog"
design on it so they knew it was yours). Plus, there's a report that a
"close friend" of yours carried a jar of some mysterious vile-smelling
paste from Australia to Belgium. It was labeled as some sort of foodstuff,
but chemical analysis determined it was unfit for human consumption. Plus,
Antoine Vayer has written that 90 hours of work per week on one cup of tea
or coffee per day is physiologically impossible.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home