PDA

View Full Version : Yet more SFGP pictures

Benjamin Weiner
September 14th 04, 10:48 PM
Here are some pictures from the T-Mobile SFGP, men's race (sorry, none
from the women's race). Expect nothing professional, and you do get to
see some nice shots of the head of the guy standing in front of me,
but some editorial judgment has been exercised.

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/

Ben

Mark VandenBerghe
September 15th 04, 12:08 AM
hey that's me:
http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2103c.jpg

Mark VandenBerghe

"Benjamin Weiner" > wrote in message
om...
> Here are some pictures from the T-Mobile SFGP, men's race (sorry, none
> from the women's race). Expect nothing professional, and you do get to
> see some nice shots of the head of the guy standing in front of me,
> but some editorial judgment has been exercised.
>
> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/
>
> Ben

Howard Kveck
September 15th 04, 04:29 AM
In article >,
(Benjamin Weiner) wrote:

> Here are some pictures from the T-Mobile SFGP, men's race (sorry, none
> from the women's race). Expect nothing professional, and you do get to
> see some nice shots of the head of the guy standing in front of me,
> but some editorial judgment has been exercised.
>
> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/
>
> Ben

Nice shots, Ben. This one is pretty cool, just for having the three
Webcors in a line.
http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2077c.jpg

--
tanx,
Howard

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
Albert Einstein

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Richard Adams
September 15th 04, 02:55 PM
No, that's Justin England. Do you take us for fools?

Mark VandenBerghe wrote:

> hey that's me:
> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2103c.jpg
>
> Mark VandenBerghe
>

> "Benjamin Weiner" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Here are some pictures from the T-Mobile SFGP, men's race (sorry, none
>>from the women's race). Expect nothing professional, and you do get to
>>see some nice shots of the head of the guy standing in front of me,
>>but some editorial judgment has been exercised.
>>
>>http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/
>>
>>Ben

Dan Connelly
September 15th 04, 06:46 PM
Richard Adams wrote:
> No, that's Justin England. Do you take us for fools?
>
> Mark VandenBerghe wrote:
>
>> hey that's me:
>> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2103c.jpg
>>
>> Mark VandenBerghe

Notable is his rear gear. The guy was FAST up that hill, despite being off the back.
He had more cadence in his 23 or whatever that is than most of the OTB's in their 29's.
He was faster up the hill than most of the guys in the lead groups (I realize this is
not a fair comparison).

Then again:
http://www.tinmtn.org/hillclimb/results_04/index.cfm

Dan

gym gravity
September 15th 04, 07:50 PM
Dan Connelly wrote:

> Notable is his rear gear. The guy was FAST up that hill, despite being
> off the back.
> He had more cadence in his 23 or whatever that is than most of the OTB's
> in their 29's.
> He was faster up the hill than most of the guys in the lead groups (I
> realize this is
> not a fair comparison).
>
> Then again:
> http://www.tinmtn.org/hillclimb/results_04/index.cfm

Ah, that's nothing'. It was a weak field this year. He beat a bunch of
schmoely locals, and not by much.

Benjamin Weiner
September 15th 04, 10:18 PM
Howard Kveck > wrote:

> Nice shots, Ben. This one is pretty cool, just for having the three
> Webcors in a line.
> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2077c.jpg

Thanks, Howard. Jonathan Devich took the photo from a different
perspective just a moment earlier:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/sep04/sanfrangp04/?id=men/JD_sf04_men_7

It's remarkable Webcor managed to pull out the victory: their pedal
synchronization is a bit off.

gwhite
September 15th 04, 10:56 PM
Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> Howard Kveck > wrote:
> >
> > Nice shots, Ben. This one is pretty cool, just for having the three
> > Webcors in a line.
> > http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2077c.jpg
>
> Thanks, Howard. Jonathan Devich took the photo from a different
> perspective just a moment earlier:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/sep04/sanfrangp04/?id=men/JD_sf04_men_7
>
> It's remarkable Webcor managed to pull out the victory: their pedal
> synchronization is a bit off.

More evidence that winners are on dope. If they can win without
synchronizing...

Amit
September 16th 04, 06:37 AM
gwhite > wrote in message >...
> Benjamin Weiner wrote:
> >
> > Howard Kveck > wrote:
> > >
> > > Nice shots, Ben. This one is pretty cool, just for having the three
> > > Webcors in a line.
> > > http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/photos/sfgp2004/img_2077c.jpg
> >
> > Thanks, Howard. Jonathan Devich took the photo from a different
> > perspective just a moment earlier:
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/sep04/sanfrangp04/?id=men/JD_sf04_men_7
> >
> > It's remarkable Webcor managed to pull out the victory: their pedal
> > synchronization is a bit off.
>
> More evidence that winners are on dope. If they can win without
> synchronizing...

they're synchronized in space, not time

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home