PDA

View Full Version : Complaining about lack of Fed help for juniors????

crit pro
September 16th 04, 03:50 AM
If you are one of the sideline cycling people who are complaining
about the lack of support by the national governing body of the sport
towards the development of junior and youth events, listen to me
now.....

Do something about it. Take out a permit. Promote an event. Teach a
clinic. But for God's sake, don't just continue to do nothing but
bitch and moan. If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
your mouth.

crit pro

h squared
September 16th 04, 04:10 AM
crit pro wrote:

> . If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> your mouth.

crit pro is bill c?

heather

Sierraman
September 16th 04, 04:37 AM
"h squared" > wrote in message

> crit pro wrote:
>
> > . If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> > right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> > didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> > your mouth.
>
> crit pro is bill c?
>
> heather

no, they are birds of a different feather, and while the source details are
similar, the posting host and the path don't match. If Crit Pro goes on the
rampage again posting 20 in a row, then I will compile Forte Agent through
Giganews and run macros all night and see if I can match the posting details
but it's really an absurd diversion from the fun of rbr. His behavior has
improved slightly. I think he just wants to be accepted, but it takes time.

h squared
September 16th 04, 04:50 AM
Sierraman wrote:

> "h squared" > wrote in message
> >

> > crit pro wrote:
> >
> > > . If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> > > right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> > > didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> > > your mouth.
> >
> > crit pro is bill c?
> >
> > heather
>
> no, they are birds of a different feather, and while the source details are
> similar, the posting host and the path don't match. If Crit Pro goes on the
> rampage again posting 20 in a row, then I will compile Forte Agent through
> Giganews and run macros all night and see if I can match the posting details
> but it's really an absurd diversion from the fun of rbr. His behavior has
> improved slightly. I think he just wants to be accepted, but it takes time.

i was just kidding around because bill recently posted this-
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=20040914194858.29600.00000684%40mb-m29.aol.com

it does amuse me that they posted the same thing,
heather

Keith AlexanderŽ
September 16th 04, 05:31 AM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:37:42 -0700, "Sierraman" >
wrote:

>> crit pro is bill c?

*** Does that matter?

Reread his post.

---
k e i t h a l e x a n d e r
http://www.nootrope.net
http://www.modernamerican.com
aim: nootrope9 gogogo

- - e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n - -

Sierraman
September 16th 04, 05:53 AM
"h squared" > wrote in message

> Sierraman wrote:

> > > crit pro is bill c?
> > >
> > > heather
> >
> > no, they are birds of a different feather, and while the source details
are
> > similar, the posting host and the path don't match. If Crit Pro goes on
the
> > rampage again posting 20 in a row, then I will compile Forte Agent
through
> > Giganews and run macros all night and see if I can match the posting
details
> > but it's really an absurd diversion from the fun of rbr. His behavior
has
> > improved slightly. I think he just wants to be accepted, but it takes
time.

> i was just kidding around because bill recently posted this-

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=20040914194858.29600.00000684%40mb-m29.aol.com

> it does amuse me that they posted the same thing,
> heather

I thought you were but for those who don't know Bill C, he is pretty much a
no nonsense guy, not given to such amusements.

B. Lafferty
September 16th 04, 11:05 AM
"h squared" > wrote in message

> crit pro wrote:
>
>> . If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
>> right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
>> didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
>> your mouth.
>
> crit pro is bill c?
>
> heather

ROTFL

TritonRider
September 16th 04, 03:23 PM
>From: h squared

>i was just kidding around because bill recently posted this-
>
>http://www.google.com/groups?selm=20040914194858.29600.00000684%40mb-m29.
aol.com

>it does amuse me that they posted the same thing,
>heather

That is funny. I just wis that we knew who the hell Crit Pro is so we knew
just how much he/she is doing. We've heard lots of noise about big
announcements and things coming up, but I haven't seen anything earthshaking,
has anyone else?
I think if there was some HUGE news we'd have heard from Carl, or Casey, or
Erik, or Andy or...There are a ton of people around here who do know what's
going on and it seems that they aren't reporting much.
Bill C

h squared
September 16th 04, 03:26 PM
Sierraman wrote:

> I thought you were but for those who don't know Bill C, he is pretty much a
> no nonsense guy, not given to such amusements.

yep, that's the whole reason i made the post in the first place.
(explaining a dumb joke rarely makes it any better unfortunately.)

heather

gym gravity
September 16th 04, 03:36 PM
TritonRider wrote:

> I think if there was some HUGE news we'd have heard from Carl, or Casey, or
> Erik, or Andy or...There are a ton of people around here who do know what's
> going on and it seems that they aren't reporting much.
> Bill C

http://groups.google.com/groups?start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.bicycles.racing&c2coff=1&selm=fe2bf3fe.0409132304.7cd88487%40posting.google .com

TritonRider
September 16th 04, 04:02 PM
>From: gym gravity

>http://groups.google.com/groups?start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.bic
ycles.racing&c2coff=1&selm=fe2bf3fe.0409132304.7cd88487%40posting.google .com

That's pretty earthshaking.
Bill C

gym gravity
September 16th 04, 06:18 PM
TritonRider wrote:
>>From: gym gravity
>

>>http://groups.google.com/groups?start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.bic
>
> ycles.racing&c2coff=1&selm=fe2bf3fe.0409132304.7cd88487%40posting.google .com
>
> That's pretty earthshaking.
> Bill C
Is that "the" Dick Ring?

TritonRider
September 16th 04, 06:20 PM
>From: gym gravity

>Is that "the" Dick Ring?

No, not the NE announcer and legend. Think peircings and you might be close.
Bill C

chris
September 16th 04, 06:32 PM
Trust me, that's not the answer. Consider I've done that and now run
what I think is/was the best junior team in New England this year
(don't take my word on it, do the research) it is pretty thankless
(except for Bill C) and frought with headaches. Simply having a
junior race doesn't do much when nobody shows (Anyone recall the Lake
Auburn RR?). Everyone has their two cents, even bitter old people
running other teams and even more bitter "sponsors".

Now don't get me wrong, I loved working with the kids I had this year
and saw some incredible improvement, but simply telling people to do
something is not a great idea if they don't know what they're getting
into. I will say that if anyone is considering starting a junior
team: 1) GET HELP, 2) ASK LOTS OF ADVICE, 3) THINK BIG and take the
kids to BIG RACES OUTSIDE THE U.S. (they'e not hard to get into), 4)
DON'T GET BLACKMAILED BY ANYONE, & 5) DO IT YOUR WAY!!!

No regrets,

Chris Hanrish, M.S.
Coast to Coast-Stelvio TeamWEAR

(crit pro) wrote in message >...
> If you are one of the sideline cycling people who are complaining
> about the lack of support by the national governing body of the sport
> towards the development of junior and youth events, listen to me
> now.....
>
> Do something about it. Take out a permit. Promote an event. Teach a
> clinic. But for God's sake, don't just continue to do nothing but
> bitch and moan. If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> your mouth.
>
> crit pro

Sierraman
September 16th 04, 06:34 PM
"B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "h squared" > wrote in message
> >

> > crit pro wrote:
> >
> >> . If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> >> right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> >> didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> >> your mouth.
> >
> > crit pro is bill c?
> >
> > heather
>
> ROTFL

Crit Pro=Bob Wiley

Bob Schwartz
September 16th 04, 09:30 PM
crit pro > wrote:
> If none of this appeals to you, then vote. That's
> right vote. USA Cycling just held elections, and onvce again you
> didn't vote. So since you really don't care about the issue, just shut
> your mouth.

I used to vote in USCF elections but I don't anymore. The elected
offices don't have any power or influence so there isn't any
point.

Bob Schwartz

h squared
September 16th 04, 10:13 PM
"Keith AlexanderŽ" wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:37:42 -0700, "Sierraman" >
> wrote:
>
> >> crit pro is bill c?
>
> *** Does that matter?
>
> Reread his post.

since i'm assuming he wrote his post in reply to the "dying of
embarassment" thread, i'm not going to listen to him or reread his post.

the people posting in that thread mostly have done plenty to help
promote cycling. (providing equipment, promoting races, volunteering at
races, etc.). if they see a problem, i want them to tell us about it.
labeling this as "bitching and moaning" is stupid. (IMHO, of course)

heather

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home