PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Question

NewRoadie
September 20th 04, 02:31 AM
Looking at trainers online(mag and wind), it appears that a pin runs
through the rear wheel? Or does the bike just clip in?

Basically, I'm wondering how big of a pain in the arse it is to put
the bike in and out of the trainer? If it's raining one day but not
the next is it worth putting it on and off the trainer?

Thanks,
NewRoadie

September 20th 04, 03:36 AM
NewRoadie <> writes:

> Looking at trainers online(mag and wind), it appears that a pin runs
> through the rear wheel? Or does the bike just clip in?
>
> Basically, I'm wondering how big of a pain in the arse it is to put
> the bike in and out of the trainer? If it's raining one day but not
> the next is it worth putting it on and off the trainer?
>
> Thanks,
> NewRoadie

It only takes a minute.

Most ``Trainers'' have attachment mechanisms that don't involve pins that run
through the rear hub.

Go to a bike shop, inspect one, and you will see how easy it is.

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://sixday.741.com/

NewRoadie
September 20th 04, 04:12 AM
Great, thanks!

NewRoadie

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:36:50 GMT, wrote:

>NewRoadie <> writes:
>
>> Looking at trainers online(mag and wind), it appears that a pin runs
>> through the rear wheel? Or does the bike just clip in?
>>
>> Basically, I'm wondering how big of a pain in the arse it is to put
>> the bike in and out of the trainer? If it's raining one day but not
>> the next is it worth putting it on and off the trainer?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NewRoadie
>
>It only takes a minute.
>
>Most ``Trainers'' have attachment mechanisms that don't involve pins that run
>through the rear hub.
>
>Go to a bike shop, inspect one, and you will see how easy it is.

RWM
September 20th 04, 05:36 AM
<NewRoadie> wrote in message
> Looking at trainers online(mag and wind), it appears that a pin runs
> through the rear wheel? Or does the bike just clip in?
>
> Basically, I'm wondering how big of a pain in the arse it is to put
> the bike in and out of the trainer? If it's raining one day but not
> the next is it worth putting it on and off the trainer?
>
> Thanks,
> NewRoadie

Most have a system that captures the skewer of your real wheel. You simply
line it up and crank it together. I switch mine on/off frequently. It
takes about 30 seconds.

NewRoadie
September 21st 04, 02:52 AM
Great Thanks! I'll have to shop around a bit and find one that's right
for me.

NewRoadie

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:36:24 -0700, "RWM" >
wrote:

><NewRoadie> wrote in message
>> Looking at trainers online(mag and wind), it appears that a pin runs
>> through the rear wheel? Or does the bike just clip in?
>>
>> Basically, I'm wondering how big of a pain in the arse it is to put
>> the bike in and out of the trainer? If it's raining one day but not
>> the next is it worth putting it on and off the trainer?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> NewRoadie
>
>Most have a system that captures the skewer of your real wheel. You simply
>line it up and crank it together. I switch mine on/off frequently. It
>takes about 30 seconds.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home