gym gravity wrote:

> signs with discover

discovery.

B. Lafferty
September 21st 04, 08:06 PM
"gym gravity" > wrote in message
> http://www.durangosquawk.com/

Some folks didn't think he'd last long with the Drill Sergeant. Clearly not
everyone's management style. Maybe we'll see him battling Cunego in the
Giro sometime in the next year or so. .

Richard Adams
September 21st 04, 10:55 PM
gym gravity > wrote in message >...
> gym gravity wrote:
>
> > gym gravity wrote:
> >
> > signs with discover
>
> discovery.

Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa

Dan Connelly
September 21st 04, 11:13 PM
Richard Adams wrote:
> gym gravity > wrote in message >...
>
>>gym gravity wrote:
>>

>>>gym gravity wrote:
>>>
>>>signs with discover
>>
>>discovery.
>

> Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa

I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.

Dan

Stewart Fleming
September 21st 04, 11:39 PM
gym gravity wrote:

> gym gravity wrote:
>
>> gym gravity wrote:
>>
>> signs with discover
>

> discovery.

Oh, yeah. So did Hayden Roulston from New Zealand.

Richard Adams
September 22nd 04, 02:27 AM
Dan Connelly wrote:

> Richard Adams wrote:
>
>> gym gravity > wrote in message

>>> discovery.
>>

>> Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa
>

> I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.
>
> Dan

So when Peta cops tendonitis, do they all go shopping?

Richard Adams
September 22nd 04, 02:34 AM
Stewart Fleming wrote:

> gym gravity wrote:
>
>> gym gravity wrote:
>>
>>> gym gravity wrote:
>>>
>>> signs with discover
>>

>> discovery.
>

> Oh, yeah. So did Hayden Roulston from New Zealand.

Hayden Roulston on the rillerah And a brawla, brawla soo-it
Hayden Roulston on the rillerah and a brawla soo - it

Howard Kveck
September 22nd 04, 07:57 AM
In article >,
Dan Connelly > wrote:

> Richard Adams wrote:
> > gym gravity > wrote in message

> >>discovery.
> >

> > Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa
>
> I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.
>
> Dan

I really hope that isn't true. It wouldn't make sense for Ferretti to
turn his team into a one trick pony type team like the ones that Cipo's
been on for the last three years or so, where almost everyone is there to
drag the sprinter to the line in the GTs. Yeah, it's a successful
technique, but leaves the team lacking when the sprinter has problems, like
getting sick or crashing. He's always done pretty well with only a couple
of lead out guys anyway. Petacchi manages to use the other sprinters and
their trains very well.

--
tanx,
Howard

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
Albert Einstein

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Carl Sundquist
September 22nd 04, 12:05 PM
"Howard Kveck" > wrote in message

> > I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.
> >
> > Dan
>
> I really hope that isn't true. It wouldn't make sense for Ferretti to
> turn his team into a one trick pony type team like the ones that Cipo's
> been on for the last three years or so, where almost everyone is there to
> drag the sprinter to the line in the GTs. Yeah, it's a successful
> technique, but leaves the team lacking when the sprinter has problems,
like
> getting sick or crashing. He's always done pretty well with only a couple
> of lead out guys anyway. Petacchi manages to use the other sprinters and
> their trains very well.

Fassa's GC man, BigHouse, had an unexpected two week vacation.

Peter Allen
September 22nd 04, 02:22 PM
Howard Kveck > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Dan Connelly > wrote:
>
> > Richard Adams wrote:

> > > Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa
> >
> > I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.
> >
> > Dan
>
> I really hope that isn't true. It wouldn't make sense for Ferretti to
> turn his team into a one trick pony type team like the ones that Cipo's
> been on for the last three years or so, where almost everyone is there to
> drag the sprinter to the line in the GTs. Yeah, it's a successful
> technique, but leaves the team lacking when the sprinter has problems, like
> getting sick or crashing. He's always done pretty well with only a couple
> of lead out guys anyway. Petacchi manages to use the other sprinters and
> their trains very well.

So Petacchi for the GTs, Danielson, Cioni et al for the shorter tours
and token GC. While Petacchi's getting as many as he is, Ferretti
can't really afford not to take him plus serious support to GTs.

Peter

omc
September 22nd 04, 05:15 PM
Richard Adams Wrote:
> gym gravity > wrote in message
> > gym gravity wrote:
> >
> > > gym gravity wrote:
> > >
> > > signs with discover
> >
> > discovery.
>
> Looks like fall cleaning at Fassa

Danielson has 2 year deal with Fassa.....
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2532

OMC

--
omc

Peter Allen
September 22nd 04, 09:04 PM
(Peter Allen) wrote in message >...
> Howard Kveck > wrote in message >...
> > In article >,
> > Dan Connelly > wrote:

> > > I don't think so. No GC guy has a future on the same team as Petacchi.
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > I really hope that isn't true. It wouldn't make sense for Ferretti to
> > turn his team into a one trick pony type team like the ones that Cipo's
> > been on for the last three years or so, where almost everyone is there to
> > drag the sprinter to the line in the GTs. Yeah, it's a successful
> > technique, but leaves the team lacking when the sprinter has problems, like
> > getting sick or crashing. He's always done pretty well with only a couple
> > of lead out guys anyway. Petacchi manages to use the other sprinters and
> > their trains very well.
>
> So Petacchi for the GTs, Danielson, Cioni et al for the shorter tours
> and token GC. While Petacchi's getting as many as he is, Ferretti
> can't really afford not to take him plus serious support to GTs.

um

yeah

note to self: reading usenet while avoiding boss's attention OK,
posting not clever. Apologies for the above stupid post.

Peter

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home