PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock AR rides?

Dave Miller
August 19th 04, 04:15 AM
Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
inner city ride?

whinds
September 17th 04, 04:24 AM
In article >, Dave Miller <> writes:

>Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
>inner city ride?

Take a look at this route: 270 West out of Hot Springs to just before Y city
then 71 North to Fort Smith. I know this is about a 260 mile loop but you could
cut it down to two easy day trips. Hot Springs to Y City is 68 miles and Y City
to Fort Smith is 62 miles. I shuttled a car through here on the way back to the
west coast in July this year. The road was pretty quite, very few cars, and
almost no trucks all the way. I saw deer and wild turkey along side the road.
On the way you pass lake Ouachita on your right on the way to Mount Ida. This
was a week day trip for me so the traffic may be different on the weekend. I
would go with you if I was there we could even have dinner at McClards BBQ in
Hot Springs, the best. My treat.:-)

Dave Miller
September 20th 04, 03:40 AM
On 17 Sep 2004 03:24:48 GMT, (whinds) wrote:

>In article >, Dave Miller <> writes:
>

>>Any suggestions for a ride within 60 miles of Little Rock, or even an
>>inner city ride?
>>

>Take a look at this route: 270 West out of Hot Springs to just before Y city
>then 71 North to Fort Smith. I know this is about a 260 mile loop but you could
>cut it down to two easy day trips. Hot Springs to Y City is 68 miles and Y City
>to Fort Smith is 62 miles. I shuttled a car through here on the way back to the
>west coast in July this year. The road was pretty quite, very few cars, and
>almost no trucks all the way. I saw deer and wild turkey along side the road.
>On the way you pass lake Ouachita on your right on the way to Mount Ida. This
>was a week day trip for me so the traffic may be different on the weekend. I
>would go with you if I was there we could even have dinner at McClards BBQ in
>Hot Springs, the best. My treat.:-)

Thanks for the tip. I'm on to different cities now but did find a
nice ride along the river. I hope to be coming back soon and I'll
drop you a line -

Thanks again!

whinds
September 20th 04, 06:52 AM
In article >, Dave Miller <> writes:

>Thanks for the tip. I'm on to different cities now but did find a
>nice ride along the river. I hope to be coming back soon and I'll
>drop you a line -

Is this a bike path along the Arkansas in Little Rock? How long is it?
Next time I'm there I'll look for it. TIA

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home