PDA

View Full Version : Trento bike pages seldom updated?

Bill
September 3rd 04, 01:45 PM
I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:

http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/

and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are tourists
posting elsewhere now?

Bill

Tim McNamara
September 3rd 04, 09:01 PM
"Bill" > writes:

> I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:
>
> http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/
>
> and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are
> tourists posting elsewhere now?

Well, there are some other options on the Web. You can't just post
your stuff to the Trento pages AFAIK, whereas some other sites such as
www.crazyguyonabike.com does allow this. ISTR that the guy running
the Trento pages does this as a spare time thing, and he may not have
much spare time lately.

gianni
September 4th 04, 01:14 AM
I don't know the reason why Trento bike pages has not been updated
recently but it is still a wonderful site with lots of useful stuff!
www.cyclingtheworld.org is a new site you might want to look at for
posting tours, reviews, etc.

gianni

"Bill" > wrote in message >...
> I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:
>
> http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/
>
> and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are tourists
> posting elsewhere now?
>
> Bill

Joshua Putnam
September 4th 04, 07:40 AM
In article >,
says...
> I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:
>
> http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/
>
> and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are tourists
> posting elsewhere now?

Just a thought, but it's hosted on an academic site, and it's summer, so
maybe he's off riding instead of stuck in his office?

--
is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>

September 4th 04, 09:02 PM
Joshua Putnam writes:

>> I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:

http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/

>> and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are
>> tourists posting elsewhere now?

> Just a thought, but it's hosted on an academic site, and it's
> summer, so maybe he's off riding instead of stuck in his office?

The curator, Andrea Caranti, has been away this summer and is getting
back into the swing of the math department now. I'm not sure what new
items he has to install but I suspect there will be some.

http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/

Jobst Brandt

Tim McNamara
September 5th 04, 05:09 AM
Joshua Putnam > writes:

> In article >,
> says...
>> I was just looking at the Trento bike pages:
>>
>> http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/WhatsNew/current/
>>
>> and I see they have not been updated since June 21, 2004. Are
>> tourists posting elsewhere now?
>
> Just a thought, but it's hosted on an academic site, and it's
> summer, so maybe he's off riding instead of stuck in his office?

Once can only hope, eh? If I lived in Europe, you would hardly see me
all summer long. I'd be off riding in the Alps, the Dolomites, the
Pyrenees...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home