PDA

View Full Version : sout hern louisiana tour route questions

Phil Blumenkrantz
September 11th 04, 02:06 AM
Am planning a tour of area south of Lafayette (New Iberia/Morgan
City/Houma) then back up to New Roads, St. Francisville, Opelousas...

a) --Which of these would make for a more interesting route from
Morgan city to Donaldson: (from viewpoint of culture/scenery/route):
Morgan City - Houma- Thibodaux - Donaldson, or just cut north from
Morgan City by the big lakes on Rt. 70, ending up in Donaldson? Are
Houma and Thibodaux dives or worthy destinations?

b) can you recommend any of the swamp tours?

c) Is US 190 bikeable from US 1 west to Opelousas? (alternative is
back roads)\

Would also be interested in any other tips for biking in this area.

Thanks, Phil

Bob Kastigar
September 12th 04, 01:28 PM
(Phil Blumenkrantz) wrote in message >...
> Am planning a tour of area south of Lafayette (New Iberia/Morgan
> City/Houma) then back up to New Roads, St. Francisville, Opelousas...

I toured a lot in this area in 2003, weblog at:
http://spring03.crazyguyonabike.com
you can scroll down to the days and areas you're interested in.

> Are
> Houma and Thibodaux dives or worthy destinations?

Very worthy destinations. In particular, Houma. I would have liked
to have spent a little more time in these places than I did.

Very friendly people, very nice area to visit. Don't cut your trip
too short, allow enough time to visit and look around.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home