PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Indiana terrain?

Tim_E
September 20th 04, 03:48 AM
You may find a few serious climbs in Steuben County between Angola and
Pokagon State Park. Noble County, Indiana has hills between Albion
and Chain-O-Lakes State Park, on Base Line Road north of the park, and
within the park itself. Huntington County has hills near Roanoke and
just to the west and east of Huntington. Adams and Wells Counties are
quite flat. Paulding and Van Wert Counties in Ohio are quite flat. A
June ride from Decatur, Indiana known as the Flat 50 Plus goes from
Decatur to Willshire, OH, to Geneva, IN, to Berne, IN, to Monroe, IN,
then back to Decatur. Flat!!

Charlie
September 20th 04, 02:58 PM
One of the previous posts noted that only Brown County provided hilly
terrain!
I'll have to aggree that there is nice riding in Brown County however
there is exceptional riding in the majority of the counties South and
Southeast of Indianapolis. For that matter Parke County and many along
the Wabash River also are quite nice.
Don't believe that Indiana is all flat checkerboard cornfields. There
are numerous steep hills tucked away on remote paved roads that are
absolutely gorgeous AND challenging!.
Charlie Myer
"Back Roads Of Indiana"

Dick Durbin
September 21st 04, 01:53 PM
(Charlie) wrote in message >...
> One of the previous posts noted that only Brown County provided hilly
> terrain!
> I'll have to aggree that there is nice riding in Brown County however
> there is exceptional riding in the majority of the counties South and
> Southeast of Indianapolis. For that matter Parke County and many along
> the Wabash River also are quite nice.
> Don't believe that Indiana is all flat checkerboard cornfields. There
> are numerous steep hills tucked away on remote paved roads that are
> absolutely gorgeous AND challenging!.

Can you say "Greasy Creek"? And to think, I used to ride that with a
low gear of 44 X 23.

Dick Durbin
mourning his svelte youth

Google