PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lake Oroville State Recreation Area Hiking/Equestrian Trails Once Again Closed to Bikes!

tcmedara
August 24th 04, 01:24 AM
Scott Burley > wrote:

> Unfortunately, MV may be right. Though we like to celebrate our
> 'democracy', most often the group that is simply the loudest gets its
> demands met.

There are lots of studies of politics in the US that suggest the key to
success in the political system is not volume, but organization. You can
yell and scream all day, but its the groups who get organized who manage to
sway policy. MV is an idiot who's sole purpose is to spam NG's. He doesn't
want to debate, he wants to use up bandwidth. For all the brain cells he's
used staring at his computer he's never accomplished anything. Join your
local bike club, do some trail MX, send some $$ to the IMBA, that's all it
take to counter his rabid foaming.

He's not the guy to worry about. It's the sane, organized groups who want
to block bike access that should be the focus of concern.

Just a thought anyway

Tom

Scott Burley
August 24th 04, 06:56 AM
tcmedara > wrote in message
> Scott Burley > wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, MV may be right. Though we like to celebrate our
> > 'democracy', most often the group that is simply the loudest gets its
> > demands met.
> >
> There are lots of studies of politics in the US that suggest the key to
> success in the political system is not volume, but organization. You can
> yell and scream all day, but its the groups who get organized who manage
> sway policy. MV is an idiot who's sole purpose is to spam NG's. He
doesn't
> want to debate, he wants to use up bandwidth. For all the brain cells
he's
> used staring at his computer he's never accomplished anything.

I supposed that spamming NGs and writing 50 page manifestos is being 'loud',
but what I was refering to was targeted campaigning to people with power. In
other words, organization. To-may-to, to-mah-to.

> Join your
> local bike club, do some trail MX, send some $$ to the IMBA, that's all it
> take to counter his rabid foaming.

To be honest, I don't mountain bike, and haven't for some time. I do a bit
of road biking, but it's only a minor hobby.

> He's not the guy to worry about. It's the sane, organized groups who want
> to block bike access that should be the focus of concern.

I'm not worried about him. I just enjoy provoking kooks.

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

Mike Vandeman
August 26th 04, 03:34 AM
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:24:30 -0400, "tcmedara" >
wrote:

..Scott Burley > wrote:
..>
..> Unfortunately, MV may be right. Though we like to celebrate our
..> 'democracy', most often the group that is simply the loudest gets its
..> demands met.
..>
..There are lots of studies of politics in the US that suggest the key to
..success in the political system is not volume, but organization. You can
..yell and scream all day, but its the groups who get organized who manage to
..sway policy. MV is an idiot who's sole purpose is to spam NG's. He doesn't
..want to debate, he wants to use up bandwidth. For all the brain cells he's
..used staring at his computer he's never accomplished anything.

I got the Lake Oroville trails closed to bikes.

..Just a thought anyway

Right. And a faulty one.

..Tom
..