PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Ride on Sunday, November 7

Frank Knox
October 15th 04, 02:54 AM
Dear Fellow Cyclist ,

East Carolina Velo will hold a Memorial Ride on Sunday, November 7 to honor
Larissa Molles, a club member who was killed by a careless driver while
riding on a rural road in Pitt County on Labor Day weekend.

In addition to honoring her memory with a memorial service, we will have a
ride that will, hopefully, illustrate the issue of cycling safety to the
local community. This is the first of a number of initiatives that EC Velo
will take to make the roads safer for all of us.

We would appreciate it if you would distribute this message to your club
members or other interested citizens.

For more information please go to our Website
(www.eastcarolinavelo.homestead.com) or contact Lu Livermon at:
.

We hope to make a statement to the community with this Memorial Service and
Ride, so the more riders present, the better.

For those interested in making a weekend of it, there is a great ride east
of Greenville at Lake Mattamuskeet on Saturday. Find that here.

You can find local lodging here.

Thanks very much for your help with this worthy cause. Please let me know
if I can be of any help to you.

Peter Hollis
President
ECVelo Cycling Club

| Cyclists fare best when they act and |
| are treated as drivers of vehicles. |
| -- John Forester |
| http://www.johnforester.com/ |

__o
_-\<,_
(*)/ (*)
Visit our East Carolina Velo Bicycling Club website regularly for frequent
updates
http://eastcarolinavelo.homestead.com/

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home