PDA

View Full Version : Minor Personal Achievement

carl.roth
August 16th 04, 06:20 PM
I had posted earlier that I was working on free-mounting a tall unicycle
(5.5 ft to be exact). Well last Sunday I did it! After about four
practice session (approx 1 hr each) I finally was able to mount the tall
unicycle unassisted into an idle then ride away. I actually did it 3
times with an approx 30% first time success ration, that is it usually
took three attempts to repeat the first success. I am now working on
raising my first attempt success ration to 100 %.

Also, both of my sons (13 and 15) who are far better than me when it
comes to unicycling have yet to free-mount our tall uni. I suspect that
once it sinks in that there is something that Dad can do that they can't
that they will spend the couple hours it will probably only take them to
learn the skill thus "knocking me off my perch" so to speak!

Either way it was a big deal for me.

Carl

--
carl.roth - Unicycling & Juggling Engineer
carl.roth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5790

hecklar
August 16th 04, 06:27 PM
Good work. You'll have to show me next time i'm over. Now lets see you
juggle the clubs while you're up there. That'll be one for the next
parade.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

hecklar
August 16th 04, 06:27 PM
Good work. You'll have to show me next time i'm over. Now lets see you
juggle the clubs while you're up there. That'll be one for the next
parade.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

hecklar
August 16th 04, 06:27 PM
Good work. You'll have to show me next time i'm over. Now lets see you
juggle the clubs while you're up there. That'll be one for the next
parade.

--
hecklar
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917