PDA

View Full Version : *new Trials Movie!*

joe
August 17th 04, 07:52 PM
'Hey,

Ok, as not many people replied to my thread about the weekend at my
house, and the fact I would like people to review the movie we made, I
have made a new thread.

the movie is called 'Whatever' and is sort of back to front. Watch it to
understand what I mean.

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did making it!

Please let me know what you think,

Cheers,

Joe' (http://tinyurl.com/4393l)

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Mellick
August 17th 04, 08:12 PM
Very cool movie. But I have one question... at arround 4:50 into the
movie... is that a wooden pedal?

--
Mellick - That's my lion! Rawr! I'm scary!

Logan says that staring at trees is better, I can safely say that that
is a completely incorrect response. If John Childs says it, it will
carry more weight. --Paco
Mellick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4874

[...]

souleater12
August 17th 04, 08:14 PM
it wont let me in:( :mad:

--
souleater12 - I Fell on my bottom TWICE

http://www.geocities.com/souleatersslave/bobalob.swf
souleater12's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7417

souleater12
August 17th 04, 08:14 PM
it wont let me in:( :mad:

--
souleater12 - I Fell on my bottom TWICE

http://www.geocities.com/souleatersslave/bobalob.swf
souleater12's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7417

souleater12
August 17th 04, 08:14 PM
it wont let me in:( :mad:

--
souleater12 - I Fell on my bottom TWICE

http://www.geocities.com/souleatersslave/bobalob.swf
souleater12's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7417

joe
August 17th 04, 08:19 PM
Mellick, that would be Aarons gold pedal - its not wooden, and also,
before you ask, its not 'real' gold!

Souleater12, dont know why!
Try getting in from here:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/whatever
the movie is at the very end...

Thanks,

Joe,

--
[...]

sabin_a.
August 17th 04, 08:23 PM
Cool video:) Thoes falls were really great, although some of them looked
like they hurt. The riding it self was awsome:) keep it up.

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - shooting for expert

"Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

[...]

August 17th 04, 08:29 PM
Hazah im in :) great video haha i just got grinding down and all of
those looked setup lol no worries i can keep a secret about how its ALL
A SETUP im great at keeping secrets lol:P

--
[...]

Fred A Arnoldson Esq
August 17th 04, 10:03 PM
that is a damnably long link you got yourself there

i watched the film from the first thread and enjoyed it

--
Fred A Arnoldson Esq - Foreign Affairs Minister

www.khmuf.cjb.net
[image: http://www.geocities.com/khmuf/silhouettethmbnl.JPG]
'that was craptacular' 'oh yeh, well i chose to just hear the
tacular part'

Fred A Arnoldson Esq's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6937

[...]

Tim
August 17th 04, 10:17 PM
good video. What was the subway train for?

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Tim
August 17th 04, 10:17 PM
good video. What was the subway train for?

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Tim
August 17th 04, 10:17 PM
good video. What was the subway train for?

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

BoojiBoy
August 17th 04, 10:24 PM
Nice video. Good choice of music. Most of the falls and stuff look
staged and exagerrated, which is fine, but it makes it look like a
"JACKASS" movie. Good "outtakes". Solid stuff. Where 'bouts was the
coastal stuff?

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.tk
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

[...]

leo
August 17th 04, 10:40 PM
Tim wrote:
> *good video. What was the subway train for? *

dunno, but that cat was cool & cute!

All those errors and falls reminds me to a quote of Isaac Asimov: "The
most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'" or
another one: "scientists never make mistakes, they find new
posibilities".
Anyway, all those falls are usefull as you learn by making mistakes.
And the outakes are good to!

--
leo - errorist

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
866-UNI-CYCL

Dutch radio reporter Jaques Chapel in Athens, checking an ISDN line
before an Olympic radio broadcast while getting used to security
measures: "and suddenly I have a soldier pointing a machine gun in my
back. So, I talk English, he shouts Greek. So what do you do? Just
ignore him and finish the job".
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

leo
August 17th 04, 10:40 PM

Tim wrote:
> *good video. What was the subway train for? *

dunno, but that cat was cool & cute!

All those errors and falls reminds me to a quote of Isaac Asimov: "The
most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'" or
another one: "scientists never make mistakes, they find new
posibilities".
Anyway, all those falls are usefull as you learn by making mistakes.
And the outakes are good to!

--
leo - errorist

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
866-UNI-CYCL

Dutch radio reporter Jaques Chapel in Athens, checking an ISDN line
before an Olympic radio broadcast while getting used to security
measures: "and suddenly I have a soldier pointing a machine gun in my
back. So, I talk English, he shouts Greek. So what do you do? Just
ignore him and finish the job".
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

johnfoss
August 17th 04, 10:56 PM
That was a very fun bit of unicycle porn. I liked the backwards
presentation, but of course it woudn't be as effective with a "cold" or
non-unicycling audience. Until the "outtakes" part started, I thought
you guys were just a bunch of posers trying to fool us into believing
your could actually do all those hard moves!

My favorite shot was the one where the three guys jump directly over the
camera. A cool viewpoint. Good thing it was in the outtakes section, not
in the "Oops, last shot we filmed" section!

During the first part though, it was beginning to look too much like a
skateboard video. Not a skateboard video, but a video of what I see guys
doing with skateboards. Trying over and over to do tricks they can't do,
and not wearing any pads. Yes, you guys had your legs covered, but
apparently none of you has had hand, wrist or head injuries yet. You're
still a couple of notches above the skateboarders. Even if many of the
crashes were obviously planned.

All in all very fun. I liked the miscellaneous non-unicycling shots
stuck in. A break from all the "porn" is always nice.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

[...]

andrew_carter
August 17th 04, 11:39 PM
Very nice, you guys are getting really good. But shouldn't it be 'The
Start' instead of the end? :) I liked the long fence rides with the 90
degree turn in the middle. Very nice.

--
andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

[...]

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club
August 18th 04, 07:28 AM
WHAT - NO WRIST GUARDS - YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOME AARON! We will have
words!

Very irresponsible lads!

Sorry Joe, I havnt seen the vid yet I can download it at work but the
file wont open on work pc's. ******* IT Dept!

It sounds good and I very much look forward to seeing it when I get
home.

Regards

Simon

--
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club - The home of Mountain Uni in Cumbria

Welcome to Cumbria - take only pictures, leave only one wheel track

http://www.CumbriaMuni.com
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/CumbriaMuniGallery

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3758

[...]

August 18th 04, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys.

Tim, as John Foss said, 'a break from the porn is always nice'. We got
the train, so I thought I may aswell video it...

BoojiBoy, the coastal stuff was in Whitley Bay, where I live.

John, thats true about the backwards presentation not being understood
by none-unicyclists. Aaron posted the movie on a MTB forum, and they
didnt understand until he told them. Once they knew, they were loving
it!
I know what you mean about skateboarders trying things over and over
again with no luck what so ever! I was wearing leg pads and gloves, as
was Aaron. Aaron was also wearing his helmet. I had mine with me to use
at the lighthouse, but most of the riding was very spontanious (spell?).
I usually always wear my protective stuff. I think wearing it is a good
example to anyone else watching the movie.
I'm glad you found it fun - that was out aim. We also wanted to do
something different and stupid at the same time. :)

Mr Carter. How are you doing? I havnt talked to you in a while. Pleased
you liked my ride along the fence. Thats a great idea about having
'Start' at the end. Which we had thought of that one!

Simon, I sent Aaron the CD yesterday, and he got it this morning.
Donesnt seem to want to work though. Should play fine in WMP.
Aaron was wearing all his protective stuff. I was just lacking a helmet,
and Simon, well.. he never wears protective gear...

Thanks all for your comments...

Anymore?...

Joe,

--
[...]

August 18th 04, 12:20 PM
I'm doing very well thanks Mr Baxter. I did my first solo (although
with somebody speaking for me but I was the only unicyclist) trials
unicycling gig at Australia Zoo the other day and got paid $300 for 4
hours work. Not bad hey! I have a entertainer friend who will keep an
eye out for more gigs for me too.

There's an English guy over here in Brisbane at the moment and another
coming in a couple of months...why don't you follow suit? You know you
want to. :)

Andrew

--
[...]

Robbie
August 18th 04, 02:12 PM
andrew_carter wrote:
> *I'm doing very well thanks Mr Baxter. I did my first solo (although
> with somebody speaking for me but I was the only unicyclist) trials
> unicycling gig at Australia Zoo the other day and got paid $300 for 4
> hours work. Not bad hey! I have a entertainer friend who will keep
> an eye out for more gigs for me too.
>
> There's an English guy over here in Brisbane at the moment and another
> coming in a couple of months...why don't you follow suit? You know
> you want to. :)
>
> Andrew *

I'm sorry andrew... but Joe is coming here to Perth. I've got big plans
for the little bugger (even though he's probably several inches taller
than me). I've spotted some good trials lines for him, stuff that I'd
like to do if I was only good enough. But hey, I'm working on it!

So $75 an hour you got, ey? Slightly better than $6.04 an hour :D

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-1/dr_z.gif]
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Robbie
August 18th 04, 02:12 PM

andrew_carter wrote:
> *I'm doing very well thanks Mr Baxter. I did my first solo (although
> with somebody speaking for me but I was the only unicyclist) trials
> unicycling gig at Australia Zoo the other day and got paid $300 for 4
> hours work. Not bad hey! I have a entertainer friend who will keep
> an eye out for more gigs for me too.
>
> There's an English guy over here in Brisbane at the moment and another
> coming in a couple of months...why don't you follow suit? You know
> you want to. :)
>
> Andrew *

I'm sorry andrew... but Joe is coming here to Perth. I've got big plans
for the little bugger (even though he's probably several inches taller
than me). I've spotted some good trials lines for him, stuff that I'd
like to do if I was only good enough. But hey, I'm working on it!

So $75 an hour you got, ey? Slightly better than $6.04 an hour :D

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-1/dr_z.gif]
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

pluto
August 18th 04, 05:04 PM
"WHAT - NO WRIST GUARDS - YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOME AARON! We will have
words! "

:p

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

www.freeborn.co.uk

www.cumbriamuni.com

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

pluto
August 18th 04, 05:04 PM
[...]

reidj
August 19th 04, 04:01 PM
You all have some great skills and style. Nice "Outtakes" section.

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

reidj
August 19th 04, 04:01 PM
You all have some great skills and style. Nice "Outtakes" section.

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

reidj
August 19th 04, 04:01 PM
You all have some great skills and style. Nice "Outtakes" section.

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

reidj
August 19th 04, 04:01 PM
You all have some great skills and style. Nice "Outtakes" section.

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home