PDA

View Full Version : good pedal grabbing pedals

dubmuni2004
August 18th 04, 02:35 AM
im wondering what a good strong pedal would be good for pedal grabbing?

--
dubmuni2004 - hardcore DH Muni

"i was hoping i hade good medical insurance" - my mom to tv iterveiwer

dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

Max_Dingemans
August 18th 04, 02:42 AM
Snafu o/s's. Danscomp has them for 15 unsealed, and 30-40 sealed. I've
had them for awhile now, and havnt had any problems.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Max_Dingemans
August 18th 04, 02:42 AM
Snafu o/s's. Danscomp has them for 15 unsealed, and 30-40 sealed. I've
had them for awhile now, and havnt had any problems.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Max_Dingemans
August 18th 04, 02:42 AM
Snafu o/s's. Danscomp has them for 15 unsealed, and 30-40 sealed. I've
had them for awhile now, and havnt had any problems.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

one wheeled stallion
August 18th 04, 09:23 AM
I quite like Primo Tenderizers, but others prefer longer pins.

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"...I explain briefly to him that such conduct leaves him vulnerable to
accusations of being an idiot. We part as enemies" - Mikefule

one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

[...]

James_Potter
August 18th 04, 04:37 PM
I have the BMX bulletproof alloy blablabla platform whatever they're
called pedals, found here:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=218

I don't think they're very good for pedal grabbing, though, Because the
top is sort of concave to fit your foot. That's my theory, but I can't
stick the first part of a pedal grab very well.

<threadjack>
Does someone have any tips for sticking the first part of a pedal grab?
I usually either get the pedal + crank on it, or I lean away from the
object when I land and fall off. Or occasionally I miss completely and
scrape half the skin off my leg.

--
James_Potter - Nil Desperandum

[...]

Catboy
August 18th 04, 11:26 PM
James_Potter wrote:
> *I have the BMX bulletproof alloy blablabla platform whatever they're
> called pedals, found here:
> http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=218
>
> I don't think they're very good for pedal grabbing, though, Because
> the top is sort of concave to fit your foot. *

They are actually pretty good for pedal grabs but I bent my left pedal
after some bigger drops. So now I have 1 black and 1 yellow pedal, and
it fits the color scheme perfectly.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

Catboy
August 18th 04, 11:26 PM

James_Potter wrote:
> *I have the BMX bulletproof alloy blablabla platform whatever they're
> called pedals, found here:
> http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=218
>
> I don't think they're very good for pedal grabbing, though, Because
> the top is sort of concave to fit your foot. *

They are actually pretty good for pedal grabs but I bent my left pedal
after some bigger drops. So now I have 1 black and 1 yellow pedal, and
it fits the color scheme perfectly.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

TonyMelton
August 18th 04, 11:38 PM
'Odyssey Jim Cielenki pedals'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=726) are really good
pedals for trials. Good shape, good grip and the pins don't get bashed
out like Snafu's do.

--
TonyMelton - Skinny butt

Three new albums added to 'my photo gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10). Check it!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

[...]

August 18th 04, 11:40 PM
Tony, Are you talking about the old, or new style snafu's? Iv been
pedal grabbing alot over the last couple months (onto concrete alot) and
havent had a single pin drop out. I love em. But Iv heard good
about the Cielenki's.

--
[...]

August 19th 04, 12:17 AM
I'm talking about the new ones. Yeah, I believe the old style Snafus
were better, but they're very hard to get now. The Jim C's are the
best pedals I've ever ridden (but I can't compare them to the old Snafus
as I don't own any.)

--
[...]

TheObieOne3226
August 19th 04, 06:22 AM
TonyMelton wrote:
> *'Odyssey Jim Cielenki pedals'
> (http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=726) are really good
> pedals for trials. Good shape, good grip and the pins don't get bashed
> out like Snafu's do. *

I wholeheartedly agree. Somehow Odyssey managed to make grippy pedals
with short pins. This means they work and don't fall apart (you want
that)

Snafus tend to lose pins. Cheapies (BMX, Bulletproof, KH stock wellgos)
tend to snap in half.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Proficient Unicyclist

-Kev

TheObieOne3226
August 19th 04, 06:22 AM

TonyMelton wrote:
> *'Odyssey Jim Cielenki pedals'
> (http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=726) are really good
> pedals for trials. Good shape, good grip and the pins don't get bashed
> out like Snafu's do. *

I wholeheartedly agree. Somehow Odyssey managed to make grippy pedals
with short pins. This means they work and don't fall apart (you want
that)

Snafus tend to lose pins. Cheapies (BMX, Bulletproof, KH stock wellgos)
tend to snap in half.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Proficient Unicyclist

-Kev