PDA

View Full Version : self ballancing motorised UNI

hungfromhooks
August 18th 04, 06:20 PM
http://tlb.org/eunicycle.html

This guy built a "segway unicycle" well sort of.

Make sure you view the video its really neat!

--
hungfromhooks - uni newbie

Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
of his unicycle.
hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

Sofa
August 18th 04, 06:35 PM
"It's easily carried with one hand when going up stairs "

I don't get it

--
Sofa - you - pee - dee

Happy Life Day

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
Ontario, Canada)

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

[...]

Fred A Arnoldson Esq
August 18th 04, 06:46 PM
thats pretty snazzy but a normal unicycle would be easier for transport

--
Fred A Arnoldson Esq - Foreign Affairs Minister

www.khmuf.cjb.net
[image: http://www.geocities.com/khmuf/silhouettethmbnl.JPG]
'that was craptacular' 'oh yeh, well i chose to just hear the
tacular part'

Fred A Arnoldson Esq's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6937

[...]

BoojiBoy
August 18th 04, 06:57 PM
That's pretty sweet. I found the link at the bottom a little more
satisfying. They have a video there of a kid riding it around school it
looks like.

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.tk
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

[...]

johnfoss
August 18th 04, 11:14 PM
Sofa wrote:
> *"It's easily carried with one hand when going up stairs "
>
> I don't get it *
He means it doesn't have an auto-hop feature.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

johnfoss
August 18th 04, 11:14 PM

Sofa wrote:
> *"It's easily carried with one hand when going up stairs "
>
> I don't get it *
He means it doesn't have an auto-hop feature.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!"
'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

evil-nick
August 19th 04, 12:41 AM
The guy's wicked smart... he built his own Segway for about half of what
they sell for... it was posted on slashdot.org a few months ago :)

--
evil-nick - Living in Balance

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

[...]

leo
August 19th 04, 03:35 AM
I had some 'correspondence'
(http://unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00723) with him weeks ago.

--
leo - errorist

Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
866-UNI-CYCL
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/) (about me)
'unicyclist.org' (http://unicyclist.org/) (for all unicyclists and
alike)

Dutch radio reporter Jaques Chapel in Athens, checking an ISDN line
before an Olympic radio broadcast while getting used to security
measures: "and suddenly I have a soldier pointing a machine gun in my
back. So, I talk English, he shouts Greek. So what do you do? Just
ignore him and finish the job".
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

[...]

john_childs
August 19th 04, 08:20 AM
It doesn't seem to go very fast. Maybe that's due to the rider not
having good balance or maybe it's intentionally speed limited. Seems
like it should be able to go faster.

I do hope that he shows up at a convention with his Eunicycle. When we
have another convention in or near California make sure he gets an
invite.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

[...]

Tim
August 19th 04, 05:23 PM
Sofa wrote:
> *"It's easily carried with one hand when going up stairs "
>
> I don't get it *
He's making a joke about segway. The segway is kinda heavy to carry up
steps which you had to do if you wanted them up some steps. The new ones
though you can now walk next to as they ride up the steps.

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Tim
August 19th 04, 05:23 PM

Sofa wrote:
> *"It's easily carried with one hand when going up stairs "
>
> I don't get it *
He's making a joke about segway. The segway is kinda heavy to carry up
steps which you had to do if you wanted them up some steps. The new ones
though you can now walk next to as they ride up the steps.

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

leo
August 19th 04, 06:06 PM
just showcased: a 'wooden segway'
(http://www.engadget.com/entry/4575048736193461/). Looks nice!
What's next, a wooden eunicycle?

--
[...]

August 21st 04, 01:07 AM
Another newsflash about segway:
It 'may require drivers licenses in Massachusetts '
(http://www.engadget.com/entry/1882334811155322/).

--

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home