PDA

View Full Version : lake tahoe in winter?

joemarshall
August 19th 04, 08:13 PM
I'm going to Lake Tahoe this november (12th/13th/14th), for a friend's
wedding. Now I know there's good riding there in the summer, but does
anyone know if it'll be rideable in november. I don't mind a bit of snow
or ice or cold, but I know some places either don't allow riding in
winter, or are just too exposed and cold to be sensible.

I'm probably going to be staying in Incline Village as that's where the
wedding is. From looking on the web, it looks like the two big trails
nearby are the Flume trail and the Tahoe Rim Trail. Any idea if I can
ride these in winter and if I'd want to? Northstar and the other bike
park nearby are both closed for the winter by this point. Also, I'm
quite likely going to not have a car, so would rather ride somewhere
right nearby. I know I can only ride Tahoe Rim on the friday or Sunday,
as it's off limits to cycles on odd days of the month.

Secondly, does anyone else in the area fancy meeting up for a ride that
weekend, either the Friday or the Sunday, or possibly the Saturday
starting early in the day.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde