PDA

View Full Version : look at this thread please!

Mike_Foote
August 20th 04, 08:11 AM
Hi, I have a seatpost like figure (a) on my kh24 but the break lever
attachment part on figure (a) stops me from lowering it any further into
the frame which is a problem because It is a little bit too big for me.
I was wondering if any of you have seen a seat post like figure (b) with
the bolt holes and U shaped top in bike shops that do not carry
unicycles. I was just wondering if this type of seatpost is also used
for other seats like bike seats or something. I just got my kh24 Muni
and since the post is too long I can hardly ride it right now. I would
hate to have to wait another week for a seatpost from bedford unicycles,
because school is starting again soon and I won't have as much time to
ride my unicycle (':(')

(a) (b)
_ _ _ _
| _ - _ - _ | | _ - _ - _ |
_ _ _ _
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
\ \ | | | |
\ \| | | |
\ | | |
\ | | |
| | | |
| | | |

--
Mike_Foote - Violinist and Unicyclist

Long live unicycling
Mike_Foote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6204

jagur
August 20th 04, 08:28 AM
it would take time but you could cut it off close to the seat post and
file away the rest of the welded area.

shine a light down the brake tube, there isnt a hole at the bottom so it
is possible to get rid of it.

--
jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

-Forget_Your_Life-

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/tohopic.jpg]

[...]

one wheeled stallion
August 20th 04, 10:25 AM
A more expensive, but perhaps more comfortable option would be a rail
adapter and 27.2mm bicycle seat post.

Might it be worth calling Unicycle.com and asking if they have any
spares.

Or you could see if any Onza muni owners want a post with brake mount
and you could trade, as they're the same size. Some may have also bought
the new seat post with mount and have the old one for sale.

--
one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

OWS

"...I explain briefly to him that such conduct leaves him vulnerable to
accusations of being an idiot. We part as enemies" - Mikefule

one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

[...]

brian.slater
August 20th 04, 01:41 PM
I had the same problem, when I took it to U-Turn to have the spokes
tuned (they were playing a tune that I didn't like and it was sour
anyway) he cut off some of the seat tube (frame) and lengthened the slot
(-important!-) to match so I could lower the seat more. Of course he
had to cut some more off of the seat post to match. Now I have plenty
of adjustment range, even when I start hopping.

When you do this, make sure that you lengthen the slot - otherwise it
will be impossible to tighten the seat clamp - and start that by
drilling a hole where the end will be - otherwise the frame could start
cracking - make sure that the bottom of the slot does NOT have any
corners. If there are sharp inside corners the stress will be
concentrated there and cracks will develop.

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

[...]

MrBoogiejuice
August 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Like mother always says...."You'll grow into it."

--
MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

MrBoogiejuice
August 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Like mother always says...."You'll grow into it."

--
MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

MrBoogiejuice
August 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Like mother always says...."You'll grow into it."

--
MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

MrBoogiejuice
August 20th 04, 02:25 PM
Like mother always says...."You'll grow into it."

--
MrBoogiejuice - Uni geek
MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515

mscalisi
August 20th 04, 05:23 PM
'This seatpost would solve your problem'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=666) , but it's out of
stock :-(

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

[...]

jorkee
August 20th 04, 09:06 PM
You can buy a normal bike seat post but made from the steel or cro-mo or
just try to find tube like this and weld to it the plate to mount the kh
seat. every weldman should do this special part for you. the problem is
only with finding the tube 27.2 mm the plate is very easy to do.

I found the weldman that did for me seat post extention from old bike
seat and the stering for 7$ :)

you can see the gallery on my page.

www.unicycle.republika.pl

--

[...]