PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a 8S HG90 Chain

Derk
October 8th 04, 06:12 AM
Hi,

I use my old 8S bike again and have forgotten about mounting the 8S chain:
the chain comes with one chainbolt sticking out of the chain on one side
and without a chainbolt on the other end. First I shorten the chain on the
end where no bolt is sticking out. Do I now need to use a 8S chain
connecting pin to join the two ends? IOW: do I need to push the chain bolt
that is visible out with a new connecting pin in order to join the two
ends?

TIA, Derk

dianne_1234
October 9th 04, 12:23 AM
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:12:16 +0200, Derk >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use my old 8S bike again and have forgotten about mounting the 8S chain:
>the chain comes with one chainbolt sticking out of the chain on one side
>and without a chainbolt on the other end. First I shorten the chain on the
>end where no bolt is sticking out. Do I now need to use a 8S chain
>connecting pin to join the two ends? IOW: do I need to push the chain bolt
>that is visible out with a new connecting pin in order to join the two
>ends?
>
>TIA, Derk

You can use the existing chain pin. It is designed for joining one
time. No need to push it out with a replacement pin.

wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use my old 8S bike again and have forgotten about mounting the 8S chain:
>the chain comes with one chainbolt sticking out of the chain on one side
>and without a chainbolt on the other end. First I shorten the chain on the
>end where no bolt is sticking out. Do I now need to use a 8S chain
>connecting pin to join the two ends? IOW: do I need to push the chain bolt
>that is visible out with a new connecting pin in order to join the two
>ends?
>
>TIA, Derk

You can use the existing chain pin. It is designed for joining one
time. No need to push it out with a replacement pin.

Qui si parla Campagnolo
October 10th 04, 02:09 PM
Derk-<< I use my old 8S bike again and have forgotten about mounting the 8S
chain: >><BR><BR>

find a HG 8s replacement pin, use that...the special 8s chain pin...or use a
Sram 8s snap link.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
October 10th 04, 02:09 PM
Derk-<< I use my old 8S bike again and have forgotten about mounting the 8S
chain: >><BR><BR>

find a HG 8s replacement pin, use that...the special 8s chain pin...or use a
Sram 8s snap link.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Derk
October 10th 04, 04:44 PM
> find a HG 8s replacement pin, use that...the special 8s chain pin...or use
> a Sram 8s snap link.
I found one (black) and used it. thanks!

Greets, Derk

Derk
October 10th 04, 04:44 PM
> find a HG 8s replacement pin, use that...the special 8s chain pin...or use
> a Sram 8s snap link.
I found one (black) and used it. thanks!

Greets, Derk

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home